Metal Scene.. where u live

There used to be two clubs around here that had metal shows, but the good one closed. :mad: The one that's left caters mainly to washed-up hair rock bands of the '80s and their white trash fans, but it's always a stop on any US metal tour, so it's better than nothing.

There are some bands that are getting attention -- Brave, Garden of Shadows, Rain Fell Within, Aurora Borealis, Black Mass, Ciborium, Decapitate, Dying Fetus, Pessimist. Of those I'm only into Brave, but at least there is something of a scene.

But I only know one person around here who's REALLY into Opeth like me...and he's already on this board. :p

"Metal scene" is an oxymoron here.

The closest thing is a small metal specialty shop - Scrape Records - Devin Townsend is usually on hand for album release signings there. I think there are some garage bands. Probably. Never see them anywhere...

it's awesome here in den bosch, the netherlands!! Just saw therion play yesterday, which filled up the venue (about 2500 people) and I will see opeth coming sunday:D

Originally posted by Blackspirit
MYRIADS!?!??!?? HOW WERE THEY!? :eek:)))
I have their demothingie etc. and I really
like what I hear :eek:)
they were really great, had not heard anything from them before, so it was a plesent surprise :)
but then again, i were kinda drunk so my judgement was not at top :D

HellSpawn; I'm moving over to your place! >:eek:)
wehy! and i thought Oslo was a great town for metalheads
but u cant deny that u get alot of great conserts! just now this weekend u had Enslaved and Windir
Enslaved i've seen before but Windir would be something to see! :D

As for the band Myriads, HellSpawn, you need to sit them down and explain to them that their name needs some rethinking. Last I checked, you can't pluralize a word meant to indicate a plurality (i.e "there were myriads reasons" is wrong, while "there were myriad reasons" is correct.
haha Ill do that the next time! :err: :D

and for all of u who dont got any special metal scene.. do what my dream is about; bye yourself a bar and start an all metal bar! :D

Well, I live in the smallest place in Denmark. There's about 3 other youths here and none listens to metal. I have not had a real metal friend my whole life.

Hy,
I live in Italy, exactly in Milano and the metal scene compare only in a little city...Now exist only prog metal, disco dance, italian music, hip hop and others....but real metal doesn't exist...a little persons listen Doom, Black and heavy...
Want we this? I want all day concerts of Opeth, Anathema....ecc....:)
Ciao!!

The scene here is mostly hardcore like some of you spoke of already. There are a handfull of really cool metal heads here but a lot of them never get out of the house. We have a decent actual metal show once every month or two.
jAY

Hmm, well my home city produced the likes of Acid Bath and Eyehategod. Hardcore is very popular here, and so is punk, (both I find obnoxious), and I can name maybe three extreme metal bands here. It's awful. I can't wait to get out of here.

p.s. Brittany Spears came from my state: Sincere apologies on behalf of the entire state.

i'n the first perso that start the metal scene here. :eek:
well except me and my friend, there's no one else. but he still love band like dope, type of my pals , cradle of shit, etc

The metal scene in the capital area of Finland is abundant with bands. To name but a few, both known and unknown: Amorphis, Children of Bodom, Blake, Dewian, Elenium, Throne of Chaos, Thy Serpent, Gloomy Grim, Barathrum, Babylon Whores, Thus Perish (my group), Stormbound, Starlit:Black, Witheria, Mannhai, Deep Red, Slugathor...the list goes on. Not all that many of them are actually that good, but the overall quantity is huge, while the quality varies on a wide scale.

www.aversesefira.com

Great band to come out of my city. The scene is quite good here, I see a lot of cool people. We have the best and largest university in the united states, with over 50,000 people attending it. I can't wait to meet some new people there! I am just too young to get out into the scene right now. :(

Originally posted by terrymx
i'n the first perso that start the metal scene here. :eek:
well except me and my friend, there's no one else. but he still love band like dope, type of my pals , cradle of shit, etc

Please, oh please continue to bring us such wisdom as cradle of shit :err:.