Swedish Metal Scene!?! (Help)

nathanjh13

New Metal Member
Aug 1, 2003
UK
Hi there.

Firstly, I'm not sure if I'm posting this in the correct section but here goes...

Myself, a friend of mine (and another friend potentially) are becoming a little tired of the band we're currently in (UK based) and if, in the next few months, other members are still really half-assed we're considering moving to Sweden early next year to start again.

We chose Sweden essentially because five of our favourite bands are Swedish and we hear its a nice place.

What I want to know is, just how healthy is the progressive rock/metal scene in Sweden?

Would a drummer, guitarist (and a bassist hopefully) be able to recruit a singer and keyboard player or another guitarist etc easily enough?

I'd also like to add that we're all competent players - though I must admit I'm blushing now :eek:)

Tough one to answer I guess so thanks in advance!

Nathan

oh man, best of luck in your trip, and i'm not from sweden but i figure its so goddamn cold there that justa about any 17+ guy sings/growls at home to keep himself warm hehehe

nathanjh13 said:
What I want to know is, just how healthy is the progressive rock/metal scene in Sweden?

Would a drummer, guitarist (and a bassist hopefully) be able to recruit a singer and keyboard player or another guitarist etc easily enough?

From what I understand...

Should be able to find musicians easily enough, but good luck getting members really dedicated to your project (since they'll be in three or four other bands), or getting gigs.