Swedish Metal Scene!?! Help

nathanjh13

New Metal Member
Aug 1, 2003
UK
Hi there everyone!

Firstly, I'm not sure if I'm posting this in the correct section but here goes...

Myself, a friend of mine (and another friend potentially) are becoming a little tired of the band we're currently in (UK based) and if, in the next few months, other members are still really half-assed we're considering moving to Sweden early next year to start again.

We chose Seden essentially because five of our favourite bands are Swedish and we hear its a nice place.

What I want to know is, just how healthy is the progressive rock/metal scene in Sweden?

Would a drummer, guitarist (and a bassist hopefully) be able to recruit a singer and keyboard player or another guitarist etc easily enough?

I'd also like to add that we're all competent players - though I must admit I'm blushing now :eek:)

Tough one to answer I guess so thanks in advance!

Nathan

Hi there, while I wholehartedly agree its a good idea to stay at home and practice, the trouble we're having is that its increasingly difficult to find musicians with similar influences to ours, that was all. I think your location plays a huge part when trying to recruit people.

I just figured that there might be a thriving metal scene in Sweden and, as they say, if you can't beat em, join em!

Thanks for your response all the same :eek:)

Thanks for your response all the same :eek:)[/QUOTE]

I meant to do a smiling face and it came out a bit wrong. Ill try again :)

Hi Nathanjh13,
change your mind and move to Berlin instead of Sweden!
I'm playing in a band here but I'm not too happy with them 'cause they are a bit lazy and want to play some rather commercial, usual dark metal. Not that bad but not exactely what I want. With the guitarplayer I have something like a side project which is a lot more experimental, strange stuff and "unusual" but it's not easy to find the right musicians for this band. Perhaps you would like to join in?
But Sweden is probably the more attractive place to live, I just came back from a short trip and I loved it again! So maybe we should all move to Sweden and play music together in this beautiful country :)

I must say, although I long to live in Sweden or maybe even Norway to get away from this god-awful ignorant place....there is actually quite a few competant musicians living in the UK who are willing to join underground bands and such...If you go to your local music shops there should be tonnes of ads in the window for musicians, if that fails I usually go for the "friend of a friend" technique... :)

Sweden's an awesome choice. I myself would like to move there and form my own band. How ironic.

Crenshaw said:
Haha ! Im glad i live in Norway. Nice nature.

Don't rub it in :yell: :bah:

Anyways, fuck, all together Europe (especially Scandinavia) has a far superior thriving metal scene than in the US :erk: just utter crap, yea we do have some good death metal bands, but still Europe's metal scene is so awesome, so many cool bands to check out all the time.
Wish I lived there :erk: