Swedish Metal Scene in general

I agree with the new Opeth - i also get a Blackwater Park vibe from it, although BwP owns watershed simply because BwP is perfect.

im surprised that so many people are into the new in flames, it is easily their weakest album to date. I'm glad it was released though, it makes me hold anything earlier in higher regard... But they will never touch The Jester Race, another perfect album.
from the new in flames, "The mirror's Truth" and "Disconnected" are the only tracks that really hold my interest enough before i start listening to earlier IF.

They were great live in the UK the other day, they played Satellites and Astronauts which is one of my top 3 IF songs.

It's amusing that In Flames was literally the band that got me into metal in the first place. Although, I have to say I'm not a big fan of the new stuff. Call me an elitist, but the new stuff just sounds so overproduced. It just feels so sterile and without any feeling.

the worst metal to come out of Sweden this year is EASILY Sonic Syndicate.

Sonic Syndicate is Swedish? Sonic Syndicate is metal?? :lol:

well, speaking of opeth, morningrise and blackwater park are my favorites...

i only liked 2 tracks off the new cd, which is a bloody degradation... i never really disliked anything by opeth prior to watershed... but i dislike many new tracks..

At least soundtrack to your escape had feeling, even if it did suffer from a bit of repetitiveness

Funny you'd say that. When I was like 13, the only mp3 I had, I had stolen from my brother's computer. That song...Trigger, from Reroute to Remain. Considered by some to be the beginning of the end for In Flames. I friggin played the hell out of that song though. I still enjoy it very much.

Funny you'd say that. When I was like 13, the only mp3 I had, I had stolen from my brother's computer. That song...Trigger, from Reroute to Remain. Considered by some to be the beginning of the end for In Flames. I friggin played the hell out of that song though. I still enjoy it very much.

In Flames got me into the more extreme side of metal, thanks Gyroscope!!!! But then I hear ASOP, and it's kinda like....WTF...no likey!!!