someone from sweden to learn me more about the swedish scene?

mik

aaarrrrgggghhhhh
Oct 9, 2004
toulouse france
hi
i'm looking for smedish people who have a few minutes to talk about sweden, swedish bands, swedish way of life and swedish blabla !!
thanks
mik

hehe I'm ashamed of all the dumbass shit Sweden has come up with, at least in the sense of "death" metal. There is some genuinly good DM bands like Insision, Anata, Edge of Sanity and Dismember hidden beneath the layers of crappy Gothenburg shit though.

swedish way of life and swedish blabla !!

Prepare for the local delicacy of rotten fish!
But dont call it rotten(no matter how much it smells)when there are natives nearby.To imply as such is almost criminal haha.Prefer reindeer kebab instead of surströmming.

hi
i hope you'll understand my poor english and see what i mean!:err:
here's a few question...
I was wondering what makes all the swedish bands as good as they are?
Is the musical skill really better in Sweden?
Are these musicians really more implicated in their bands than in other countries?
Do you know if the possibilities for a little band to grow up are really more important in sweden than anywhere else?
thanks
mik

For a taste of what Sweden has to offer, go out immediately and pick up both "The Final Countdown" by EUROPE and "Come Clarity" by this underground band called N'FLAYMZ

Read all about Sweden on Wikipedia. I wish I could move there. Here's a blurb where all the metal bands are listed:

"In underground circles, Sweden is known for a large number of heavy metal (mostly death metal and melodic death metal), as well as Progressive bands. Prominent metal acts include Dark Tranquillity, Opeth, Hypocrisy, In Flames, Meshuggah, The Haunted, At the Gates, Soilwork, Scar Symmetry, Evergrey, Ravaged, Katatonia, Pain Of Salvation, Hammerfall, Arch Enemy, Blindside, Jerusalem, Unleashed, Amon Amarth, Vintersorg, Entombed, Mister kite, Lost Horizon and Deathstars."

And here's an interesting blurb about food:

"Swedish cuisine, like that of the other Scandinavian countries (Denmark and Norway), is traditionally simple. Fish, meat and potatoes play prominent roles. Spices are sparse. Famous dishes include Swedish meatballs (köttbullar — traditionally served with gravy, boiled potatoes and lingonberry jam), plättar (Swedish pancakes, served with jam), lutfisk, the smörgås (open-faced sandwich), and the famous 'Smörgåsbord'."

What the hell is a Smorgasbord? I bet it's good. I'm guessing Sweden doesn't have Taco Bell... or even a Mexico for that matter.

-Vince

Oh, just read all about Smorgals... it's a "Sandwich-Table". That's the most awesome thing I've ever heard of in my life. Someone from Sweden please invite me over and let me eat their Sandwich Table.

-Vince