someone from sweden to learn me more about the swedish scene?

mik

aaarrrrgggghhhhh
Oct 9, 2004
toulouse france
hi
i'm looking for someone who have a few minutes to tlak about sweden, swedish bands, swedish way of life swedish blabla !!
thanks
mik

I can talk about Sweden. And I certainly can enlighten someone on the savage roads of blabla, I did two master degrees on the subject. Did I say that once I was a homeless trumpetist wandering Sweden? :)

|ng.

For Swedish living, visit your local IKEA store.

To learn = apprendre
To teach = enseigner
Proper English construction = someone to teach me about the swedish scene.

That's the only knowledge I can impart on this thread.

i have been in sweden for 6 days in my whole life.

good things:
- the vasamuseum, as suggested by some people on this forum
- clubs and bands (went to a cool laibach show)
- architecture in gamla stadt (sp?)
- maritime/military museum
- meatballs

bad things:
- prices
- guys are not as good-looking as one expects them to be
- boring suburban look of anything in stockholm that's not in the city center proper
- lousy marching bands
- meatballs, when they're all you get for 6 days in a row
- microscopic room at the grand hotel stockholm (but hey the view!)

Ueee! This is the closest subject I've found to throw some questions about... my four days trip to Stockholm!!! Yeap, I just booked the tickets and I arrive to Sweden next thursday.

So... questions: I'm looking for nice and cheap hostels for two people, it seems the city is crowded even being february. Any advice on this matter?

Anyone willing to go for some beers with two handsome catalan guys? Also, if you know of some good gig taking place during these days, please tell me. :)

Thanks!!

|ng.

*raises hand* where do i receive my tickets? ;)

I would book YOU for two months, instead of just passing four days together. But we can do both... :)

Errr... thanks to fireangel for her help on this, we already booked the hostel and we're on our final countdown (yes, this is a subtle reference to my all time favorite swedish band). :p

@Rahve: Yeap, this is exactly what I meant with my last "daddy I wanna pee" message. ;)

|ng.

I'll have to disagree. :p

me too!!! :p :p i was there 2 weeks ago and wow!!! :) :) plus people just have looooots of style, like in Italy! :loco: (actually ALMOST like in italy!!! :p ) ok I AM JUST JOKING!!! ;)

Ingenious: quite funny, you are goin to sweden from barcelona and i'm gonna there just in some days, mainly for the hammerfall gig!!! ok i know they are just clones but i like their songs and any excuse to visit barcelona is good! :) btw even spanish guys are so so so good looking! ;) not to mention how friendly people are! i love spain! :)

Mik: are you going there to live or for holidays?

Haha, their "style" is generic and boring: males used to look like beckham-clones... and behaved accordingly...
chicks looked like barbie and behaved...
at least that's how they looked in 2004, 2005
Very shallow.
Then there's this "style" where they put the end of their trouserlegs into their socks -wearing white socks and brown shoes-ballerina-style and wrap themselves in some kind of "carpet" that looked as it was taken straight from my toilet floor...
I would say that some of them have lack of taste - not style...:heh:

Haha, their "style" is generic and boring: males used to look like beckham-clones... and behaved accordingly...
chicks looked like barbie and behaved...
at least that's how they looked in 2004, 2005
Very shallow.
Then there's this "style" where they put the end of their trouserlegs into their socks -wearing white socks and brown shoes-ballerina-style and wrap themselves in some kind of "carpet" that looked as it was taken straight from my toilet floor...
I would say that some of them have lack of taste - not style...:heh:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
oh well january 2007: totally different. up there people know how to match colors and accessories with style and BELIEVE ME in many other countries they dont have a clue!
and ( i guess its because of the melting pot) now guys are so beautiful, not a shade of beckham who btw i totally dislike :zombie: :ill:

Most of them have great skin and look extremely young. It has to be the air.

Ingenious: quite funny, you are goin to sweden from barcelona and i'm gonna there just in some days, mainly for the hammerfall gig!!! ok i know they are just clones but i like their songs and any excuse to visit barcelona is good! :) btw even spanish guys are so so so good looking! ;) not to mention how friendly people are! i love spain!

Uhmmm... I'm not into Hammerfall at all. Didn't know they were playing here, actually, I went to one of their shows once (because a friend of mine wanted me to) and it bored me to death. They had a "castle" on the back of the stage, very... impressive...

However, it seems evident that your judgement isn't compromised, since we spaniards are three times "so" good looking. :p

|ng.