Metal Stores in Philadelphia

Heavenly Call

Jul 30, 2002
Atlanta, GA
www.myspace.com
Hey...anyone in the Philadelphia area...some friends and I are headed up that way next Wednesday and wanted to know if there were any CD stores in the are and if someone could post the addresses? We already know of and plan on spending most of our money at Vyagra Music. ARe there others? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

If you plan on heading to the South Street area, you can check out the Relapse Records store (608 4th Street), right off of South Street. Prettly darn good selection, especially for releases on the "extreme" side of metal. There also a pretty cool Used cd store right across the street (Noise Pollution). Ask the folks at Noise Pollution to point you to the metal selection. Not the biggest selection in the world, but there are definitely some rare gems to be found there (I scored a copy of Embraced's Amorous Anathema there once). Both of those stores together make the trip worthwhile, not to mention the coolness that is South Street. There's also another good cd shop on South Street, but the name escapes me right now (Rock 'N Roll I think?). It's at 613 South Street.

Parking near South Street can be a real problem on the weekends, especially at night, but all other times it's fairly easy. :)

Jason

EDIT - If you have time to make the drive, "Keystone Music Exchange" in Lebanon, PA is awesome. They have a tremendous selection of all genres of metal and is well worth the trek.

Their website is no longer active, but I'm fairly certain they are still in operation. Anyway, here's their old contact information, and is worth a shot if you have the time:

Keystone Music Exchange Record/CD - Retail
QUENTIN CIRCLE
978 ISABEL DR
LEBANON, PA 17042-7486

Phone: 610-274-7572
Fax: 610-274-1209

Dark One said:
EDIT - If you have time to make the drive, "Keystone Music Exchange" in Lebanon, PA is awesome. They have a tremendous selection of all genres of metal and is well worth the trek.

Their website is no longer active, but I'm fairly certain they are still in operation. Anyway, here's their old contact information, and is worth a shot if you have the time:

Keystone Music Exchange Record/CD - Retail
QUENTIN CIRCLE
978 ISABEL DR
LEBANON, PA 17042-7486

Phone: 610-274-7572
Fax: 610-274-1209

I love keystone, i go to school 10 minutes away from there =)

It did move to a new location in April though, which is still in Lebanon. I don't know their updated address off-hand, but I could give a general idea for those who are interested.

PM me if anyone wants to know, it's an amazing store if you're nearby (Lebanon is kinda near Hershey).

There is a Disc-Go-Round closer to the end of South Street that has a lot of metal. Rock N Roll used to be the homestore for Nuclear Blast USA but they've seen branched into other more Punky areas. That said, they still carry lots of good discs and shirts. There are a couple of stores that sell used but they are pricey and I don't find a LOT of metal in them but it's worth a look.

If you're out around Conshohocken you can go to another Disc-Go-Round or Disc Connection or something like that. Just take the Conshohocken exit and go straight for about 10 blocks (about a 5 minute drive) until you get to a main crossroad (road name escapes me but on the right is a plaza and on your left is an empty gas station). Make a left and look on your left about 2 blocks down. That store may have some odds and ends. Also, if you go out around Villanova there is a store that used to have rock and metal but I haven't been there in some years now. What was it? Retro Records? Shit, there's one of their stores on South St. too but I can't find shit in there.

Keystone Music Exchange is now Extremeties Entertainment. Same owner John, plus his partner now in ownership, Phil. They are still in Lebanon as the above post states. I called them today, actually to verify they moved because I live two hours away from Lebanon. Phil said if you're coming from out of town to call for directions and they'll talk you there because of so many routes into Lebanon. It's a great store. I buy a lot from them. Here's the phone number: 1-(717)-274-7572

Emerald Sword said:
Keystone Music Exchange is now Extremeties Entertainment. Same owner John, plus his partner now in ownership, Phil. They are still in Lebanon as the above post states. I called them today, actually to verify they moved because I live two hours away from Lebanon. Phil said if you're coming from out of town to call for directions and they'll talk you there because of so many routes into Lebanon. It's a great store. I buy a lot from them. Here's the phone number: 1-(717)-274-7572

Thanks dude...you rule!

Heavenly Call said:
Hey...anyone in the Philadelphia area...some friends and I are headed up that way next Wednesday and wanted to know if there were any CD stores in the are and if someone could post the addresses? We already know of and plan on spending most of our money at Vyagra Music. ARe there others? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hails!

Since you mentioned Vyagra, I know they are carrying the Overlorde CD. So if you haven't picked it up yet, check out our MP3 and if you like it think about picking it up.

http://www.myspace.com/overlorde

You can also hear 30-second samples of all the songs here.

Let me know if you see Overlorde's poster hanging up in the store, OK? Maybe get a picture of you standing next to it!

Funny, I am driving down to Philly on Wednesday also...

Too late to help you, but I'm surprised no one mentioned Digital Ferret & it's online counterpart Isotank.com
Granted it's geared more towars industrial & gothic music if anything, but it's got a very nice metal import selection. Expensive at times but a great stop while in Philly. It's only like a 5 minute walk from where my friend lives near South Street too.

Thanks to everyone who gave us some tips...DEFINITELY on the tip to extremeties music. That place was awesome. My friend and I ended up spending about $250 in their so it was well worth it. We also found a couple of goodies here and there on South Street, but we were disappointed to see that Rock and Roll records was closed (at least the 613 address, maybe they moved.) But all in all, good trip.