metal sub's?

HauritZ

SatanicSmurf
Apr 27, 2002
Denmark
www.ultimatemetal.com
I wanna know the different sub metal genres. I you could write a band and which genre it belongs. I think Vader and Nile is death metal, and so forth. thx (power, black, death...:confused: :confused: :confused: )

:lol: HA!, I thought that site was really funny, 'specially the band logo explanations. Unfortunately, It doesn't really explain the sub genres. (although I wonder what "pork, the other white metal" sounds like?)

:devil:

Originally posted by verkoelen
:lol: HA!, I thought that site was really funny, 'specially the band logo explanations. Unfortunately, It doesn't really explain the sub genres. (although I wonder what "pork, the other white metal" sounds like?)

:devil:
I know but I couldn't help it.

Originally posted by HauritZ
I wanna know the different sub metal genres. I you could write a band and which genre it belongs. I think Vader and Nile is death metal, and so forth. thx (power, black, death...:confused: :confused: :confused: )

Never ask "what is black metal" on an open forum. The answers can range from Mercyful Fate to Burzum, Venom to Dimmu Borgir, and everyone is suddenly convinced that everyone else is not only wrong, but also a false-hearted gaylord.

Best thing is to buy a metal magazine then acquire a few of the CD's it reviewed. Or go to MP3.com, but be wary on that site - several bands have (in my opinion) miscategorised their wares. It happens a lot when a non-metal band decides to chance their arm at playing real music.

well i'll try to help here :)

Thrash metal (old metallica, slayer, Terror 2000, Testament,Holochaust)

Power Metal (Metalium, Stratovarius, Blind Guardian)

Black Metal (Immortal, Emperor, Satyricon, Mayhem, Darkthrone)

Death Metal (The Crown, Soilwork, Death, *Darkane (Death/thrash with prog and classical influences)

brutal death (Nile, Devourment, Disgorge)

Prog Metal (Dream Theater, Candiria)

Neo-classical/prog metal (Symphony X)

Gore/death Metal (Cannibal Corpse)

Doom Metal (Electric Wizard (doom stoner metal if i'm not mistaken), My Dying Bride, Therion

well that's all i can remember for now.

*note* i could be wrong on something so don't flame me :D

the logo decipher is awesome. i challenge any of you to go and decipher as many as you can. i did it a while ago, before they added the new ones and i think i got most of em right.
~gR~