How do you guys know that much underground band?

m0rtis

Distopia
Apr 17, 2004
Istanbul, Turkey
I was reading the "death metal albums in 2004" thread and you guys give so much new names that I kinda feel lost! Not only in that topic, but also in "what's your favorite black/death album" thread. I hardly know 5-6 of those bands you named

How did you find and listen to all those bands?

:confused: :confused: :confused:

I'd avoid anus.com and the metal-archives board. The way I got into Metal was reading reviews on sites like DigitalMetal.com and then I downloaded the album. If i liked i'd post a topic on a board like this asking what other bands sounds like said band and what other bands i may enjoy.

Research and experience and above all INTEREST. Nothing is better than thrash+black metal so that's about the only place I waste time/money/effort

Yeah http://www.metal-archives.com/ is the way to go. The number of bands I listen to has doubled sense I found that site. Its great, lets say your really into black metal pagan lyrics, they have a great search engine that makes it really easy to find. Or if you want to find out what bands exist in your local area, or in any counrty you can do that. I just have fun wondering around on there and finding all sorts of different bands. Whenever someone recomends me a band thats the first site I got to, then Soulseek... Oh yeah Soulseek is essential...

With the power of the internet finding bands is easy as fuck. Deff stay away from www.anus.com unless you are a dumb redneck mongoloid racist fuckhead. That site is total opposite of what metal is about and is a horrible representation of fans and bands.

The Greys said:
With the power of the internet finding bands is easy as fuck. Deff stay away from www.anus.com unless you are a dumb redneck mongoloid racist fuckhead. That site is total opposite of what metal is about and is a horrible representation of fans and bands.
Ha, I haven't heard such harsh opposition to Anus in quite a while. Made me chuckle.

On the Anus thing to if you are a fag you should like the site. Prozac might want it in the ass from you because he is a nerdy douchebag queer.

The Greys said:
On the Anus thing to if you are a fag you should like the site. Prozac might want it in the ass from you because he is a nerdy douchebag queer.

:tickled: Glad to see I'm not the only one who thinks anus is hypocritical garbage. They are just like what they don't like.

Demiurge said:
Yes, it's funny because he's an unpaid relapse street teamer.

Yep, few people are as "dumb" as Prozak.

I am a street teamer now because I listen to Cephalic Carnage haha you're funny and stupid. The only reason I have relapse linked in my sig because I have an mp3 off there site(the mp3 is on there server) and if you do that you have to give where you got it from just like say an essay if you borrow information....

You're gay.

Just some time and enthusiasm is all that is required m0rtis. =) I had limited access to the internet when I first got into metal, and then only with 56k, but I still managed to find-out about plenty of new bands, acquire a circle of favourites, and gather a decent mp3 collection that I liked.

With a love for metal, one can conquer anything! Hehe. Yeah.... =/

The Greys said:
I am a street teamer now because I listen to Cephalic Carnage haha you're funny and stupid. The only reason I have relapse linked in my sig because I have an mp3 off there site(the mp3 is on there server) and if you do that you have to give where you got it from just like say an essay if you borrow information....

You're gay.

You're a walking advertisement for a band that you're not in. Thus, you're an unpaid street teamer.

You're a stupid fuck. Quit railing at anus.com over their racism(it's nationalism, btw) while at the same time you're openly displaying prejudice against homosexuals. If you want to be a PC, little fuck, at least do it properly.

Anus.com is able to coherently present a persuasive argument indicating that they know what metal is about. That certainly puts them ahead of you, since all you do is whine about Anus.com. You're incapable of even criticizing them. All you've got is liberal buzzwords like "racist" and puerile insults like "fuckhead." Oh, I forgot your secret weapon, when all else fails, call your adversary "gay." Child, don't talk to me until science makes the brain transplant possible.