How did you get into Katatonia's music?

but I have to say that after buying LFDGD I felt a little bit...strange. Now it's ok, but then, in comparison to DO especially, it was not as heavy...I wonder what will the new cd bring :)

well, it may be a little embrassing, especially on this forum, but...I haven't heart Dance of December Souls...YET! But Brave Murder Day is goooood! And "day"...ehhh...rest for my soul...

I started with Katatonia in 1999. I saw a review of Discouraged Ones in a portuguese metal magazine (that no longer existes :( ). It was a 10/10 review. I was a very impressive review because it said that was a great dark cold album and one of the most depressing albuns ever made by a metal band. So, as I am a fan of this type of music (dark metal) I begun to try to find the album in local stores. I eventually find it in a local store at the end of July. I bought it without ever heard any thing of it and it was a great suprise :)

the ID5 century media sampler.. had deadhouse on it.. found the album at a local book shop.. been hooked since.. man that was a while ago.. crazy

It was the summer of ´94 or ´95. A friend's brother had DoDS on a cassette, I didn't need to hear more than a couple of minutes before I knew it was "my" music...

I think it was in '94 (not sure...) when Dance of December Souls came out. What an album!!!
Since then I bought all katatonia albuns and it always gets better!!
I'm anxious to hear the new album and to see them live 27th of April in Coimbra, Portugal!
C-U There Guys!!

Well, it was the summer of 2000 (I think) and I had just began my obsession with Opeth and finding new metal in general. It was on Audiogalaxy and they had the "Similar artists" or "Related artists" or something to that extent. Anyways, Katatonia was under that, so I just checked them out and I liked it very much.

I just kept hearing about them on message boards so I checked them out... at first I really didn't like them.. couldn't get into the stuff on mp3.com... but then I downloaded "Murder" and i just fell in love... still took em a while to get into the newer stuff but I love it all now

I Started with Katatonia with Discouraged Ones in 1998...Deadhouse and Relention are simply...INCREDIBLES...y hasta hoy día no existen canciones dentro de la misa escena que superen su belleza.

KiNo.

I downloaded teargas from mp3.com, and then I strayed into their site, and a few hours later I went down to the store and bought the only album they had in, which was LFDGD. I really like it, I don't listen too much to it anymore, though. I think I should.