How did you get into Katatonia

quite ordinarily I bought a few years ago their BMD...

I think that discussion goes into wrong way:) but it is still quite exciting...

If you would like to share with us with yours pervertions so I invite you to new thread for perverts and freaks...

Hey Yv ...seems like you are very experienced in "that things" and BTW do you prefer a variable frantic and than snail pace of movements....

Cherokee said:
Hey Yv ...seems like you are very experienced in "that things" and BTW do you prefer a variable frantic and than snail pace of movements....
Have you heard a saying: "the more talking the less doing"? :D
I'm totally unexperienced hehe. But yeah, contrasts are exciting; let's say: affectionate and hard f'n mixed together ;)

Dispossession said:
yeaah.... you slut :D
I take it as a first incapable effort to make a public love confession to me... ;)
otherwise :( prepare yourself for a long torture and torment session _______executed by a grizzly in affection :D

yeah, @portisfreak seems it has gone too far...

How did I get into Katatonia ?
Heared "Brave Murder Day" and felt in love with it.

I heard Deadhouse from Discouraged Ones on the CM Identity 5 sampler waaaaaaaaaaay back in the day. I liked the song, but I didn't buy Discouraged Ones for a few months. When I did, I listened to it every day at least 3 times for months. I would definitely say that Brave Murder Day and Discouraged Ones are the best Katatonia albums (I think the sound and mood are quite similar, it is mostly vocal styles that are different) by far, but they are still quite a good band.

_Transparent_ said:
what was your first experience of Katatonia? they're not the sort of band you hear about all the time, or hear on the radio. so how did you hear of the band?:err:

Saw them supporting Opeth in Dublin in december....my brain is all fuzzy...dec. 2001. And i promised fred that i would buy the "last fair deal gone down" album, current at the time, if they would come back to play in Dublin again. And I did, so they did. REALLY!!! and "viva emptiness" is SSSOOOOO GOOOOD! I just cant stop listening to it, even with new opeth and the gathering albums. rest my poor fuzzy head.

Asked my friend to dl some albums with Katatonia and Porcupine Tree, so he gave me Viva Emptiness and In Absentia. Been stuck to Katatonia ever since and just got a copy of Last fair deal gone down. Altough, In Absentia is still growing on me.

The best Katatonia song: Tonight's music!!! GOD DAMN WHAT A GREAT SONG!

I bought BMD in '97. Then i said: yeah, i must listen more about this band, and then DODS, Tonight's Decision, Jhva Elohim Meth, Sound of Decay, Discouraged ones...I have, now at this moments(i think) All of Katatonia, October tide... All. 6 years after start to listen, this is my "band". I love the old style, but i need the latest cd's too. It's my drug. All the cd's are different, this is the secret of them, and the reason to follow them. And RAINROOM forever!!!

well, first time i listened to katatonia -discouraged ones "nerve"-, i really got bored...in that time i was obsessed mostly by swedish death metal and by other melodic bands...
...then, some time after, i got "deadhouse" and its deppressive feeling and atmosphere really caught me, and i began looking for more katatonia stuff...thats how i got into "tonights decision"..."for my demons" really obsessed me...and i began to listen more carefully to their music...
...until they became one of my best bands EVER.

hehe.. my story is a bit long :)
In 1993 I was on my first concert. It was the swedish band CEMETARY (VEEERY GREAT BAND!!).

Well, and while there was a break at the concert, there was an AMAZING song played in the hall from a CD. It was a veeeery long song! Totally melancholic!

Well, I went to the guy who was sitting at the CD player and asked him.
But he told me that he got that CD from a friend and that it was a compilation. So he didnt knew the name of the band.

After this concert I checked ALL mailorders I knew, read the infos of hundrets CD's :)
Everytime when there was written something about a melancholy sound and an EXTRA long song, I bought the album .-)))))))

Then there was the Info of the DANCE OF DECEMBER SOULS cd.
song VELVET THORNS - extra long and melancholy :)
So I bought the CD and got addicted to the sound of KATATONIA!!!!!

The funny thing is that THIS song (velvet thorns) wasnt the great song that I heard on that Cemetary concert.. I NEVER found this song...
What a pity!
But the one and only thing is that I found KATATONIA through this unknown song...

:)