How did you get into Katatonia

I decided one day to buy the 5 newest metal albums (not having heard any of them) from a online shop, Katatonia VE was one of them. I was kinda expecting the Kovenant's SETI to be the best one of the lot, but it didnt even come close to VE.
After a few spins I ordered for the rest of them ;)

Hmmm i don't remember exactly when but I remember buying Brave Murder Day, two or three months after it was released in Europe. It was around the same time I was hooked into Opeth. The sheer beauty of BMD was enough for me to be hooked on Katatonia; I still believe it's my favorite Katatonia album, although I love all of their music [god, I still remember I was singing "I Break" all the damn time :)]. I think Katatonia is a band that progressed in the right direction.

I heard first time Katatatonia from my friend, i think the album was Brave murder day or Dance of december souls... and there was no turning back ;) I was sold o_O
I think Katatonia has come better, and grown, after every album. Hope they keep going the same line :)

In 1996 I was a bit into Black Metal and I used to listen to Diabolical Masquerade. I knew that Blackheim had several other quality projects.
I read a very good review on Discouraged ones in Hard Rock Mag. I borrowed the album to one of my friends. That's all folks... :D

Back in the days of Napster, my brother was discovering all these underground bands. He downloaded a few of their songs, and I randomly chose to listen to Right into the Bliss. All I had to say was wow. There is absolutely nothing like it.

My boyfriend and I used to be DJ's at my college radio station, back in 1998, and I found out about them at about the same time I discovered Opeth and Lacuna Coil.

Viva Emptiness has a different feel to it. It's hard to describe. It seems more experimental than Tonight's Decision and Last Fair Deal Gone Down. I really like it :)

italvamp2378 said:
My boyfriend and I used to be DJ's at my college radio station, back in 1998, and I found out about them at about the same time I discovered Opeth and Lacuna Coil.

Viva Emptiness has a different feel to it. It's hard to describe. It seems more experimental than Tonight's Decision and Last Fair Deal Gone Down. I really like it :)

Where in New York do you live?

OracleDeist said:
I would go to my friend's house and he would always have Brave Murder day on, a few weeks later I began to love and I was like I have get this shit now!!!!!!!!

He also used to come to my house a lot when I played Last Fair Deal Gone Down EVERY FUCKING DAY and he immediately got hooked on that too!

It is great to have a KATATONIA fan very close by to talk with! He and I just want some FEMALE KATATONIA fans nearby because it is great to have a female's perspective on KATATONIA closeby at all times, plus it doesn't hurt to have a girlfriend who's a KATATONIA fan who shares the love of KATATONIA with you and whom you can fuck while KATATONIA is playing in the background! :)

yv said:
so, you're not interested in sex or sorts? eh, kidding.
but that's nice; avarage man is rigid, out of emotions and simply unbearable hehe ;)

I am very average man, I like to drink, fight and fuck. What are the other options again?! :D