Metal Teaser Critique...

dude, I thought that was fuckin' great! Vocals seems perfect to me. I like how the high pitched vocals are more "up front" and the deeper vocals are "farther back". I feel like "up front" and "farther back" aren't the right words... how would you describe where the vocals are placed?

I used a Sm7 into a presonus tube pre with a electro harmonix tube. I rolled off some of the low end and sent it into a multiband compressor in which I compressed the really high frequencies and brought them up a ways. It acts kind of like a vocal exciter and de esser. Also, the vocalist is great so that makes it a lot more easy. There was a little bit of room verb on there and delay that matched the tempo in the amount that was just below audible when the whole band was playing. Thanks!

On this mix, I used an Engl Powerball through a 4x12 with Eminence Governors with a sm57 about an inch to the right of center (pointing right where the cone and the rest of it meet). Do you guys think that it will be better to mic the speaker centered instead? I have also used the Fredman method before and like it a lot, maybe that will work?

Also, can someone check the loudness out for me please? I am a little worried about the volume and mastering of it. Thanks in advance!

Thanks nuvaring! I am going to try some of the low screams a little bit louder. If I remember correctly, I like to make sure the low frequencies on the low screams are controlled and I sometimes like to up the mids a bit to make them a little more burly sound.