pls comment and critique on the song i recorded and mix by myself

Good guitar playing,to much limiter/compression on whole mix,it's pumping little,to much cymbals in mix or high end with EQ on master bus.Post raw mix.

thanks for your feedback WalhallaM really appreciate it...will try to fix it and will post the raw files later ...
to much limiter/compression on whole mix --> is it because i use maximizer or the multiband compression on the master bus or individual tracks compression on the mix?
please advice .. appreciate it

didnt like the drums , i would change the snare , make it more wide and the kick drums need to be triggered, but that is just me, i love the guitars though, and the bass needs to wide up too :)

Yeah man, Gtr sound good. The one most important issue I hear is the song isent tight. The gtrs seem off or drums, that's a omg nooooo!!! But get them tight and bring those drums together. Keep it up!

thanks for the feedback Contra_Studio and rocky619 ... really appreciate it man ..now i have something new to learn :D:D ... sorry for the song that not tight ..wil try my best to make it more tighter for the next song in the future ...

btw rocky619 ... what kind of drums that you recommend to use ..because i'm using addictive drums to map the drums or is it addictive drums good enough to use ? do you have any tutorial or website tutorial that i can learn how to widen the snare and the kick ?

please advice ...

ps: really happy you guys can comment and critique .. now i know where is my mistakes is ... really appreciate it man :)

btw rocky619 ... what kind of drums that you recommend to use ..because i'm using addictive drums to map the drums or is it addictive drums good enough to use ? do you have any tutorial or website tutorial that i can learn how to widen the snare and the kick ?

please advice ...

ps: really happy you guys can comment and critique .. now i know where is my mistakes is ... really appreciate it man :)

i would make a custom drum kit , i usually pick cymbals from Toon Track Drumkit from hell , i really like the tone of cymbals , then i use addictive drums for tombs, bass drum, snare and later i try to experiment with steven slate trigger

Last edited by a moderator:
i would make a custom drum kit , i usually pick cymbals from Toon Track Drumkit from hell , i really like the tone of cymbals , then i use addictive drums for tombs, bass drum, snare and later i try to experiment with steven slate trigger

coooll.... thanks for the advice rocky619.. will play around with it and gonna get the digital slate trigger and play around .. really appreciate it man :)

to much limiter/compression on whole mix --> is it because i use maximizer or the multiband compression on the master bus or individual tracks compression on the mix?
Maybe,multiband compressor is good tool butt easily you can mess up mix,if you don't know what you are doing.Try to apply something from these tutorials,and for drum replacement you can use waves drumagog,but try to do best with the tool you already have.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PnXlXylVo4A&feature=relmfu[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oWIsYDjxCSY&feature=related[/ame]

Maybe,multiband compressor is good tool butt easily you can mess up mix,if you don't know what you are doing.Try to apply something from these tutorials,and for drum replacement you can use waves drumagog,but try to do best with the tool you already have.

thanks alot man ... really appreciate it and the tutorial is really useful ... will try to play around and see ...:D:D

This sound better.It's not overpowering like previous one.Drum should be louder(kick and snare),guitars quieter.Also automation would help,a lot.
For instance from 00-48 sec. drum and bass should be dominant

This sound better.It's not overpowering like previous one.Drum should be louder(kick and snare),guitars quieter.Also automation would help,a lot.
For instance from 00-48 sec. drum and bass should be dominant

noted.
thanks a lot for your comments,feedback and patience... really appreciate it man ...

Hey man how about you upload stem or multi-tracks ? so every one can put up their own mix ? :D :D :D