Metal @ the workplace

Pretty obvious people use headphones at work. Nobody listens to music with speakers in the office.

I don't think you read the thread. The OP was talking about speakers

I've played everything from Deathspell Omega to Vektor to Mercyful Fate over the loadspeakers at my job. I've gotten to the point where I just don't give a shit what people think of it. They play the same god damn 20-30 songs over and over again so when it's my turn I have a little fun. People have given me "what the fuck is this shit" speech a couple of times. I usually tell them tough shit it's what I like and we're listening to it.

very nice very nice

But the logic is wrong here. Why would anyone want to listen to music with speakers at a workplace and bother the other co-workers?

People have given me "what the fuck is this shit" speech a couple of times. I usually tell them tough shit it's what I like and we're listening to it.

lol :fu:

I tend to get the same reaction from most people. Its like its completely unacceptable to have to tolerate anything metal every once in a while yet its perfectly ok to have to listen to their shit constantly. As far as trying to impress or convert people, ive stopped doing that long ago unless they are actually interested, and even then its usually a waste of time.

Though I basically do what Krampus does now. Dont ask, dont tell; most people dont really understand and tend to take it the wrong way, so I just avoid the situation altogether.

I've got 3 hrs every morning in my own dept. before anyone else comes in so I play whatever I want. In the rare case when someone from another dept. visits they say they like my music if something like Ornette Coleman is on. They try not to notice if something like Hate Eternal is on...

I remember a friend of mine who's into new wave and stuff. he bugged me if i had any newwave music he could borow or copy, fortunately for him my bro has some in vinyl. while @ it he likes now throwing tecnho in the mix.. so as an opportunity.. i lent him my Fear Factory "Remanufacture".
1st he was surprised but in a couple of listens goy reALLY into it. Then i told him that album is only a remixed of the real thing.tried Demanufacture on and was blown away!! Then asked me i have some more of the same, since his taste was a mix up... i started we some metal softees like one scond by paradiselost then gave him a dose of the Gatherings "Nigthtime birds".. borrowed more of my collection and one day started getting some of his own. Poof! Now a new metalhead...

No one at work/university like the music...I tried to make them ,listen but .....yeah lol