Metal tight snare drum sample

H

HammerFury

I am looking for one that sounds like this:

I use LMMS for my drum set. So the snare that I have currently is this:

Freesound.org - "snare 2.aif" by hookhead

Although, I am not totally happy with it. It is great but close to what I want. The tone from the first link is something like I love to have. That snare with just a tinge of thickness to it. Just very little. This should have the chemistry with my kick which is this:

http://freesound.org/people/whyenrique/sounds/128654/

I will appreciate all of the help.

Using couple of mixing techniques you'd be able to get the tone using the snare sample you linked.
First of all your sample is tuned slightly lower and first step is to tune this up a little.

Using couple of mixing techniques you'd be able to get the tone using the snare sample you linked.
First of all your sample is tuned slightly lower and first step is to tune this up a little.

Yes indeed the sample I have is lower. But that is not the one I wanted. What I want is a sample similar to the YouTube link to a song I posted above. Right now I am using this snare sample:

https://freesound.org/people/sandyrb/sounds/79761/

As I have said, similar to the snare in the YouTube link at the top and the one above , I want a sample that does not have the ping on it. Just a tight snare with very little thickness, some brightness and loud. What I am using now is recorded with low volume.

To get that sound you need a sample from a "piccolo" snare, you can't change the tone just with eq, a normal snare its too big and produces a lower and "bigger" sound. obviously you can change your sample just modifing the pitch, but that will sound like shit.

Well, your link to the video is broken, but I see you want a picollo snare sound. Not sure if it has one, but I normally recommend SSD4 (Steven Slate Drums 4) for snares. They stand great on their own if you want a real raw sound but I normally stack them for big br00tz.

Pork pie III snare by Seraph Recordings. One of the best high tuned snare samples I've heard.