Metal Trivia Game

Originally posted by npearce
Would somebody answer this. Maybe St. Vitus could give me a little hint?

I wasn't going to let this one sit indefinitely. Anyway, they're a funk-metal band who got their name from Arthurian legend.

I'll give it a few hours and then post the answer so we can get on with the game...

". . . the name a variation on a fictitious character in a Norwegian fairy tale which yields no concrete definition, very much like the epic music they set out to create."

That came directly from Borknagar's website. Is that good enough? If so, here's my question:

Q: What was Varg Vikernes' original first name?

I think it was spelled with a "K", but you were close enough.

Why are you ending the thread St. Vitus? Am I the only one that gets bored at work? Are you just saying you don't think people like to anwer your questions?

Originally posted by npearce
I think it was spelled with a "K", but you were close enough.

Why are you ending the thread St. Vitus? Am I the only one that gets bored at work? Are you just saying you don't think people like to anwer your questions?

Oh, I have no problems continuing the trivia game! It was just my last two questions hung around for a while and I didn't want to be the one responsible for constantly stalling the game :D

Also it seems the only questions I can think of are from a bygone era of metal. Oh well.

Name one band (I know of two) who has covered the 1968 Arthur Brown song "Fire".

Cathedral! The cover is on their 1996 EP "Hopkins".

A member of this seminal black metal band disappeared somewhere around 1994, puzzling both the metal community and his own bandmates! Name the band and the banished member.

Originally posted by Alfonso
Cathedral! The cover is on their 1996 EP "Hopkins".

Yep! The other one is on Cirith Ungol's Paradise Lost.

A member of this seminal black metal band disappeared somewhere around 1994, puzzling both the metal community and his own bandmates! Name the band and the banished member.

Wild-assed guess here. Was it It of Abruptum?

That´s, of course, Zephyrous of the mighty Darkthrone.

And a question from me:

The Iron Maiden track To Tame A Land is based on a novel. What´s the name of the novel and who wrote it?

The first Demo was Heavy Metal like a Hammerblow, the first album was Gates to Purgatory. Am I correct? If so, here is my question:

Q: What does the term "Azagthoth" refer to? As in Morbid Angel's founder and guitarist Trey Azagthoth.

A: DD Crazy, 1987, Cogumelo

Q: What two death metal bands did Martin Van Drunen sing for in the late 80's-early 90's?