Metal video thread

DoomsdayZach

The Professor was right
Dec 11, 2005
Seattle, WA
www.doomsdaymusic.com
There was a request for an 80's video thread. I titled it as a metal vid thread because i figured that would be appropriate, but it's not limited to metal vids. Post your shitty 80's vids, your awesome 80's vids, anything that entertains you! Hell, they can be more recent, just try to have some discretion. By that, i mean things such as Bonnie Tyler are acceptable here, but Korn is not. C'mon, who wants to post a Korn vid anyway?

I'll be the first to break the rules. I've posted it before, but here's a KILLER video from the 70's. Fuckin' DEEP PURPLE!! If this song doesn't move you, fuck you, you're a homo.

edit: Let's keep this as music vids/live vids. Not a random-ass youtube thread. Start yer own goddamn thread!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Atomic Rooster, less know/less popular part of the early scene, right beside Sabboth, Heep, Purple

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WTI4pklgpSY&feature=related[/ame]

their "commercial song" along with some mini skirts & hotpants.... lol

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bWtmB8_SWPA&feature=related[/ame]

my favorite, check out the attemped guitar shredding and antics, when the drum beat kicks in is the best, this dude was great, sorry its just music, not a vid but worth the listen, IMO.... I was head banging to this stuff in '71 :headbang:

Classic 80's right here:

Great metal style music some here may find disturbing:

I just saw a couple of videos on youtube on how to scallop your own guitar's neck, and decided I'm gonna give it a shot on my old ibanez tomorrow. Probably gonna take more than one day as I'm rather a perfectionist, but I already did the shopping for this. Hope it yields some good results.

Your last video says unavailable.

I noticed that yesterday, I even tied another transfer, not sure whats up. If interested go to you tube - Atomic Rooster and look for the song "Sleeping for Years" . Nothing technically special, late hippy hard rock, with a wild guitar antic intro, great bass drum work and the guitar solo is lots of fast... for its time, chromatic kind of stuff, its just the idea that they were pushing the boundries of in an aggressive way. They really only had one good album which was "Death Walks Behind You", the title track was very dark and metalish, simplistic, repetitive and all but they were different. Vincent Crane the keyboard player came out of "The Crazy World of Arthor Brown" and recorded on the song "Fire", a classic 60's rocker. Carl Palmer played a tour with Arthor Brown then Crane & Palmer formed Rooster, but Palmer left to form ELP. This drummer was Paul Hammond, had drug problems and ODed in the 70's after the band lost its way. Crane always suffered some mental disorder and finally offed himself. Apparently DuCann the guitar player stayed in music doing sound tracks and is the only one that survived. No bass player, Crane did foot bass and left hand bass on the Hammond organ. Just one of my old pet pev bands.

Yeah, he sure is....and unlike most people I have never really had any problems with hippies...at least until I found out they make some cheesy ass music videos! :p

Haha, Matt is awesome! :D
A video that will somehow cheer you up. :cool:

Music by Garry Schyman.

The first line in that song was "Boys, boys, boys" right?

Well that needs countering :p

If you were born in the 80s and this doesn't cause nostalgia, you had a bad childhood

I don't think you're looking at her lungs at all. ;)

I was told they were lungs! I'll just go and pick up the shattered pieces of my childhood! :p

The first line in that song was "Boys, boys, boys" right?

Well that needs countering :p

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dR-rchT6Q9E

Good call, sir! :)

Niiiiiiiice

The only thing that sucks is thinking of how old she probably is now....

You're right, mate. You'd probably have to lift her skirt to see them now. Eeewwwww..... :puke: