METALCORE/DEATHCORE MIX. FEEDBACK/INPUT PLEASE!!!

SirKnucklesmd

Ctrl+zZzZz
Feb 11, 2011
Orange County
This is a metalcore/deathcore project of mine i've been working on in my spare time. It's very close to where I want it but before I continue with the actual mixdown for vocals I'm curious to hear what you guys have to say about it. There's always room to improve. I'm a hack at mastering so I included both versions.

Mastered

Unmastered

I killed the previous links cuz it appears for some reason everything below 120hz gets canceled in my room so rather than rape the low shelf eq I remixed with my headphones and sitting 6feet back from the monitors.... I wireless mouse would have really come in handy for that. Input please on the new mix!

Mastered

Unmastered

Last edited by a moderator:
There is hardly any bass in your mix. Beside that i like it really much.

I wouldn't be surprised if it came out that way on your system considering my previous comment about the low frequency phasing issue I just had to deal with. I could really use a more equipped and tuned room to really hear whats going on down there.

As for stems I'll have time to bounce once I have the vocals completed on this guy.

The vocals still haven't been tracked yet but a friend of mine who just got a bunch of ChamLabs gear asked to use these tracks for practice to get more acquainted with his new hardware. I know a few of you (everyone here) requested me to share the raw tracks so I thought I might as well throw them up right now. Try not to get too hung up with laughter in regards to the bass playing, i'm worse than a modern day Phil Chen and i'll be first to admit it. I undid just about everything except some subtractive eq'ing i did in my premix phase before I bussed my mono tracks. The bass sounds like farts, deal with it... just like i had to. You'll have to do some more agressive eq'ing with the drums, kick is a detuned SD2 sample and so is snare. I clumped the OH w/ Room and reverse cymbals. The middle lead sequence was a rough idea that was added just a few days ago and was done with the Podfarm so try not to get hung up on how different that part sounds either... that part will be properly tracked later for the final version. Let me know if there's any problems with the uploads!

Q ~ 125bpm
Tuning ~ Drop B

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/lukmigpjyfqw8gh/9LDORTxK44

I can't hear the low end very well in my room (why my first mixes usually come out sounding like a washing machine) but it sounds a little busy down there. I love what you did with the toms!

I have a new mix and "quick" master, I did a little cleaning up in the low end and played around a little bit more with the multiband, also removed some eq boosts to the gits and just left them more natural. Let me know if i'm going in the right direction with this.

New
[SOUNDCLOUD]https://soundcloud.com/dylanjbrock/artimoax-re-master-1 [/SOUNDCLOUD]

Old

Last edited by a moderator: