Metalcore guitar tone help

well i cant really tell from recording if the tracks are stereo (on my laptop)
and what settings did you use on pod?

sorry, didnt see you said cali diamond
i feel like they need more highs and mids/lows need to be lowered alittle
maybe more distortion

its weird, cuz your dissonant chords sounded pretty good

yeah, they're stereo, i have four rhythm guitar tracks, one panned far left, one far right, one medium left, and one medium right. Yeah thats what kind of threw me off, the only thing i'm not really satisfied with is the chugs mostly. as you can tell the bass isn't quantized, i just thought i'd throw it up here so i could get feedback while quantizing

when i do my guitars i really only do two tracks
both panned 100%
and another track center for leads
on the diamond plate i use the screamer and have gain at around 80ish and drive around 15-30
i think main problem is the tone of guitars
i think the chugs would sound better with more highs and less mid/lows
maybe more distortion
other than that composition is really solid

sounds better =]
haha however you just need to sit and tweak it some more
i dont know how others on this site feel about a BBE sonic maximzer, but i think if you had that, it could totally help with the tone more
and now ifeel the guitars need to be turned up more
and did you highpass?
try a little comp on the guitars too, it could bring more bite to them

yeah, theres already highpass and a bit of compression but a maximizer might be what i need, but thanks for the feedback man, it definately sounds a lot brighter now. I think most of the muffling is from the bass sounding messy and not being quantized yet.

Yeah, that's it. I think the high end is good for the geets. It might just be the low end of the mix in general but it sounds kinda cloudy down there.

Sounds much better than the first clip but still a little hollow, some strange things going on in the low mids