Metalfest 2000

Just a guess, but if I remember correctly they weren't allowed to bring their own equiptment. They had to share this cheap, "communal" gear with other bands that were playing on that stage (I only recall Opeth using the same gear, which included very cheap looking strats and generic Marshall amps, as I didn't watch any other bands on that insulting stage). It probably didn't feel very comfortable to them.

Also, Jonas was singing off key, practically the entire time, which leads me to believe that he was performing without a working monitor.

Also, if you'll notice, hardly any bands play at Metalfests more than once or twice. Well.... with the exception of like Mortician and whatever.

I take it that most bands can't stand being dicked over by the organizer. Take note that there haven't been any high profile, european rarities in the last few years.

Ol' Dirty Bastard said:
Just a guess, but if I remember correctly they weren't allowed to bring their own equiptment. They had to share this cheap, "communal" gear with other bands that were playing on that stage (I only recall Opeth using the same gear, which included very cheap looking strats and generic Marshall amps, as I didn't watch any other bands on that insulting stage). It probably didn't feel very comfortable to them.

Also, Jonas was singing off key, practically the entire time, which leads me to believe that he was performing without a working monitor.

I would be so bullshit if that was me with a broken monitor.