Metalfest

Dan W

RTA 24/7
Apr 18, 2001
Bath
Visit site
Tickets are on sale but there's still no indication of actual line-up other than what bands are playing

In an ideal world, PQ, Threshold and Blaze Bayley would all be on the same day and then I'd only need to get a day ticket, but I can't see that happening

Don't think I can afford going for the weekend ticket (although its a reasonable £75) due to the additional accomodation costs

Have any clues been given out to what days the bands will actually be playing on

Very interesting line-up, some real gems in there :headbang:

BLAZE BAYLEY (urgh)
BRAINSTORM (?)
THRESHOLD (Woo!)
SWALLOW THE SUN (?)
XANDRIA (?)
E-FORCE (?)
DRAGONLAND (Wehey!)
OMNIUM GATHERUM (?)
HOLY MOSES (?)
THY MAJESTIE (Cool)
VISION DIVINE (Great)
POWER QUEST (Best in fest!)
WAYLANDER (Sweet)
FAIRYLAND (Yes!)
PYTHIA (urgh)
HANGING DOLL (?)
NORTHLAND (Interesting)
EASTERN FRONT (?)
HELLFIGHTER (?)
INVEY (?)
WARPATH (Hmm)

by Metalfest on Tue Jan 13, 2009 3:02 pm
Couple of changes to the METALFEST line up - Unfortunately PYTHIA wont be able to appear this year as they will be playing at BOA and we wish them all the best of luck and hope we can have them appear in 2010 :) Also INVEY will not be playing - I would like to thank the band for their support, but its a decision I made and I hope will benefit the festival ........ Invey are a great band but I wasnt 100% sure they fitted in well with the festival this year and I have been contacted by a band who would like to play that I think will pull in some fans of their own, so I had to make a decision about making room on the bill, and unfortunately I had to take Invey from Metalfest 2009 ...
Line ups are always subject to change as you never know what tomorrow brings, and I want to wish Pythia and Invey all the very best for 2009 .... so before anyone jumps on the bandwagon about bands pulling out, etc etc Im hoping the line up will remain as it is with some really really good additions to please the heavier metal fans and also some prog metal...;)
thanks
Mark

They seem like true professionals.

by Metalfest on Tue Jan 13, 2009 3:02 pm
Couple of changes to the METALFEST line up - Unfortunately PYTHIA wont be able to appear this year as they will be playing at BOA and we wish them all the best of luck and hope we can have them appear in 2010 :) Also INVEY will not be playing - I would like to thank the band for their support, but its a decision I made and I hope will benefit the festival ........ Invey are a great band but I wasnt 100% sure they fitted in well with the festival this year and I have been contacted by a band who would like to play that I think will pull in some fans of their own, so I had to make a decision about making room on the bill, and unfortunately I had to take Invey from Metalfest 2009 ...
Line ups are always subject to change as you never know what tomorrow brings, and I want to wish Pythia and Invey all the very best for 2009 .... so before anyone jumps on the bandwagon about bands pulling out, etc etc Im hoping the line up will remain as it is with some really really good additions to please the heavier metal fans and also some prog metal...;)
thanks
Mark

They seem like true professionals.
See thats why they secure their bands and line up before making announcements.

Holy shit, Fairyland is playing?! AWESOME. I wonder how Philippe's gonna pull that off, considering it's entirely a guest project now. I really hope to see more info on how that goes.

Also, give Brainstorm a shot; it's another band that the lead singer of Symphorce is in (Andy Franck) and he has an amazing voice.

Invey are dropped from the line up. Not 100% acceptable?? I can see that a band that has a female singer that gives 110% to the music and has a unique sound would not fit in. Hell why would anyone want a great loud rock band at their festival. Hell why bother with new talent from this country lets import our music and forget the talent here.
INVEY ROCK full stop