METALIZED!!!!! and possibly Trapped

Vylance X

The 9th Prophet
Sep 15, 2001
NE Ohio
www.envy.nu
Scanning my room I found the list of prog bands you gave a while ago. Give me some good songs/albums by these artists to check out...

Soul Cages
Spiral Architecht
Visionary
Wolverine
... and any others you feel I should know about.

OK:

Wolverine - A fervent dream. They have only this album and it is crazy!

Spiral Architect - A Sceptic's Universe. The only one for them too. Trapped? :D

Visionary - S/T. Very melodic progressive metal well played. I don't know if they released another, but I like it very much!

Soul Cages. Well, well, well. German Progressive at its finest. These guys though not so technical as Sieges Even, or Spiral Architect, they have a great feeling in their music. They play technical alright, but not technocratic, like the ones i mentioned above. They have three albums out: S/T, Moments, Craft. For me their first is the better, but it is really hard to choose since they are all of very high quality and feeling.

Hope this helps.

Check out Spiral Architecht - Cloud Constructor.

Definately the best song off the album.

I've only heard one Wolverine song, 'Echoes', and it's pretty cool. Very proggy. :D

SOUL CAGES are great....!! Check out their album 'moments', very good.!

Hey Tapped, I checked out that band Gorefest you said something about a while ago, and I must admit I was quite impressed, although the name could use a little work. It was death metal, pretty damn heavy stuff, but I could hear the technical side to it and it added a hell of alot to the sound of it all. So, is that what the ever-so-hailed prog death metal is like that you and Metalized talk about so much? Pretty good stuff indeed. :D

Originally posted by Ecstatic Youth
Hey Tapped, I checked out that band Gorefest you said something about a while ago, and I must admit I was quite impressed, although the name could use a little work. It was death metal, pretty damn heavy stuff, but I could hear the technical side to it and it added a hell of alot to the sound of it all. So, is that what the ever-so-hailed prog death metal is like that you and Metalized talk about so much? Pretty good stuff indeed. :D
Cynic are Prog-Death-Metal. Atheist too.

Progressive metal is metal that extends the boundaries.
Manowar's "Into Glory Ride" was progressive at its time.
It is about progress, not only technique!
Creating something new. Of course you have to know how to do that. You have to be closed minded to really be progressive. For a closed minded dude can open its mind. An open minded one can only close it! :D

ha ha, no.

Gorefest are death/thrash. Kindof like Testament...

Technical Death is stuff like Athiest, Cynic.

Which GF album did you check out??

you put up some songs to download that are good, and said that the new stuff sucks cause they sold out
i downloaded only one as every other one i tried had fucking transfer errors and shit, but i downloaded reality when you die and it was pretty good
i think i'm gonna check out some martyr becase if i like, then i'll buy because i know a few places that have em