Metallica Documentary......with Chuck Billy

Deadly Embrace

TL PREACHER
Feb 27, 2002
Bay Area
www.sfmetal.com
'Metallica – Dark Souls': The Unauthorized METALLICA Documentary - June 8, 2003
A brand-new unauthorized documentary chronicling the rise of megastars METALLICA from their early days until the present time has been released by British firm Chrome Dreams.

The documentary, titled "Metallica – Dark Souls" (view cover here), is available on DVD, and is packed with interviews from friends, fans and the band themselves.

Offering insight on the reigning kings of rock are numerous insiders who know the band personally, including Chuck Billy of TESTAMENT, Harold O of D.R.I., John Torres of ANGELWITCH/WARNING SF, KUSF DJ Ron Quintana (the man who supplied the infamous name), as well as DDDanny and Ace of San Francisco cable show Reality Check TV.

The DVD is available from Chrome Dreams U.K. and features unique interviews, unseen film footage, insider revelations as well as an interactive Trivia Quiz and a painstakingly compiled discography of authorized and bootleg releases of METALLICA recordings.

For more info, log on to www.chromedreams.co.uk.

From Blabbermouth.Net

Thanks DE! :) Another note:

MEXICAN LIMITED EDITION ST. ANGER

The promo DVD is titled "Metallica: The Videos". It includes 3 live videos, 3 studio videos, the band's bio, their discography, a foto album with robert trujillo, and a featurette promoting the new album, in which we can see all the accomplishments of our dear boyz. The playlist is as follows:
1. Welcome Home (Sanitarium) (Live)
2. One
3. Enter Sandman
4. For Whom The Bell Tolls (Live)
5. Fuel
6. Whiplash (Live)
7. Metal Up Your Ass (Epk) [Featurette]
8. Wherever I May Write [Bio]
9. ...And Albums For All [Discography]
10. Welcome Home (Photo Album)

It was cool seeing faces and places from the old scene of the mid-80's (the fucking best days of thrash!) like "Spon-Q" (Ron Quintana), et al. In fact, it was Ron who first introduced me to a 16 year-old Alex Skolnick and "my-almost-contemporary" Eric Peterson of Legacy! Remember The Stone, Mabuhay Gardens, and The Kabuki in San Francisco?

Those were the days...