Metallica + King Diamond = Awesome

Then, in other words, you are saying they are extreme false metal.

I think they are both extremely false metal.
Neither were marketed as "metal" bands when they first went commercial, because that was when hard rock was just becoming bigger again in the mainstream (Thanks of course to Ozzfest, etc).

Both bands were marketed as alternative.

I have no problem with folks liking these bands, but I could never in a million years consider either to be a metal band.

I have no problem with folks liking these bands, but I could never in a million years consider either to be a metal band.

Quoted for 100% truth. I can't be fucked to care about what bands people do or don't like. People can rock to Celine Dion for all I care, I'm not the one listening to it so have a blast. But it's not metal. The spirit isn't there, the ideology isn't there, and musically it's just a cheap rip off.

I definately think the spirit is there, especially from the clips I have heard from the new slipknot cd and from the last cd. I remember years ago when I first heard wait and bleed from them, I fuckin' hated it, but that was because I hated agressive vocals, but now what I love most is stuff that has half agressive and half clean. Corey's got a great singing voice and Joey can fucking drum and groove his ass off like any other metal drummer, and who cares what they were labeled when they first came out, their music speaks for itself(they weren't the ones who labeled themselves and their influences definately weren't alternative).

Usually I dont like sound board recordings but this sounds great.
It does sound great ... King suprised me with his quality highs ... the man can still hit that stuff. Some of the stuff was better than others, but all in all a good job. I hope on his next disc he brings back a lot more of those highs .. they are missed on his latest disc.

Britt

Does King Diamond's return to the stage for a 10-minute medley of Fate songs signify that he's of health to hit the stage with LaRocque again and do the headlining tour he was supposed to do quite a while ago this year? I still have never seen the man live...and I need to before he decides to hang up the inverted crucifix.

From what i've seen, no, he's not in the health to take on a fullscale tour. However, he will do a tour before he "hangs it up". And if you haven't seen him, he will blow you away. I've had the pleasure to do a phone interview with the man and he's unbelievably humble and appreciative, and i'll support him until the day I die.

This performance just rocked beyond belief. It was so cool to see King out there with them doing this. I truly hope and wish that Metallica would take King Diamond or Mercyful Fate out on tour with them at some point. Maybe when King is better and ready to roll the timing will line up with Metallica's next tour, ya never know.

Although I am not the biggest Lamb of God fan I have to agree with Zod about their live show being amazing. I have listened to them on cd a good handful of times and my interest is not fully held but I have seen them live a few times (Ozzfest years ago, headlining with Fear Factory and Children of Bodom in support, and Slayer's Unholy Alliance tour) and they truly crushed and had me into their entire show.

As far as Slipknot and Disturbed go call them what you will but I feel that both bands are fantastic. I have been into Dicturbed for a few years now and I feel their newest album is their strongest one to date. Slipknot I never actually listened to until I saw them on the Metal Mayhem tour a few weeks ago and I was blown away completely by them. I never listened to them because I knew that true metal heads despised them and they were nu metal, false metal whatever you want to call it. Well I now truly know to not judge something until I have listened to it because their live performance was one for the ages as it left me beyond impressed. I have now started going back and picking up their albums. I picked up their newest one yesterday and I feel that it is one of the better albums I have heard this year. I think some of their new songs are a little too much Stone Sour but overall the album is great. I actually like Stone Sour a lot but I feel Slipknot should maintain the sound they are known for rather than pick up what Corey is doing in his other band because otherwise whats the point? The first three songs on the new Slipknot just crush completely and at some points of these songs I can hear what I hear on Destruction or Kreator albums musically, it is just killer. Slipknot also has great guitar solos on the new album which from what I am told they did not do much of in the past.

As far as the Sword goes, they are also not for me. They are too much of a Sabbath rip off and offer nothing to me that captures my interest. I don't want to listen to another band that sounds too much like Sabbath, thats what I have Sabbath for. Instead I would much rather listen to great doom metal incluenced by Sabbath such as Trouble and Candlemass.