Metallica news

Doodoobubbachuck

Maidens' drums
Aug 2, 2002
theironmaidens.com
I heard that Metallica is opening up for the Rolling Stones in San Francisco for two nights. Pretty wild. I'm gonna see the Stones at the Hollywood Bowl, I wish Metallica would open for them THERE!!! :loco:

Keyser Soze said:
That would indeed be interesting...

What are the prices like? Going to Ozzfest is going to break me.... LOL

Shocking!!! I haven't seen any under $100, and some are even over $400!!!
hypnotized.gif

Metallicat180 said:
Shocking!!! I haven't seen any under $100, and some are even over $400!!!
hypnotized.gif

I will never ever spend another dime on those pile of shit sell out fags in Metallica. I can't believe people still support them. Sorry to piss some of you off but it really makes me sick.

I will be going to see Iron Maiden a true metal legend that never compromised their sound to appeal to mainstream america and has never toured with Linkin Park

ironmaidenfan09 said:
I will never ever spend another dime on those pile of shit sell out fags in Metallica. I can't believe people still support them. Sorry to piss some of you off but it really makes me sick.

I will be going to see Iron Maiden a true metal legend that never compromised their sound to appeal to mainstream america and has never toured with Linkin Park

Ok, someone needs to calm down! Remember those are the prices the Stones are charging, not Metallica.

Metallicat180 said:
Ok, someone needs to calm down! Remember those are the prices the Stones are charging, not Metallica.

I have no problem with the Rolling Stones they are amazing i love them. And my gripe has nothing to do with ticket prices. Its simply that Metallica seriously makes me angry from what they have pulled over the last 15 years. I am sorry to offend anyone I don't mean to do so but If you couldn't tell I really get angry knowing the Metallica is being supported by people after selling out beyond belief.

Kirk Hammet said his favorite band is Sum 41, that just makes me sick ok I will stop

Sorry for the confusion or getting out of control lol :D

ironmaidenfan09 said:
Kirk Hammet said his favorite band is Sum 41, that just makes me sick ok I will stop

Though I doubt if you saw it, but when VH1/Mtv did the Icon's show, they had Sum 41 play the role of "house band", playing Metallica music after the commercial breaks. They did a 100% better job as a trio than any of the "headlining" bands doing the 'tallica covers (Korn, Limp Bizkit (they had telepromters!) and God help us, Snoop D-O-double-G). I think that made a huge impression on the band.

Sorry, just had to throw my 2 cents in! No point in kicking this dead horse any further...

I seen the MAster of Pupets tour in 86' before they went to Europe and Cliff burton died. They opened for Ozzie on the Ultimate Sin tour. That was the last time I went to a Metallica show. Sorry to say I will never go to one again. Especialy after the fit they threw over Napster. I still say file sharing is the same as buying a cd and coping it for a buddy. But the internet makes the buddy's in the millions and can kill a record's sales.
Kerry

ironmaidenfan09 said:
I have no problem with the Rolling Stones they are amazing i love them. And my gripe has nothing to do with ticket prices. Its simply that Metallica seriously makes me angry from what they have pulled over the last 15 years. I am sorry to offend anyone I don't mean to do so but If you couldn't tell I really get angry knowing the Metallica is being supported by people after selling out beyond belief.

First off - It's Hammett. And secondly, so what if he likes Sum 41. I love Sum 41 - they are a great fun band!! Some metal fans take themselves fans take themselves far too seriously. I love everything from metal, to country, to pop and back again - does that make me a sell out? Have you heard Aja's songs that are very RnB/soul influenced? Does that mean she can't sing Iron Maiden songs - bollocks!! Course she can!! It's called being open minded, and if that makes me a sell out, then so be it. It's fans that want them to make Master Of Puppets every year that piss me off, bands grow and change and if you don't like that, then that's your fucking problem.

Lord of Delusions said:
Bingo! We have a winner! :worship:
zakly.

Oh and let us not forget when the did the unthinkable and cut their hair. OH MY GOD THEIR NOT COOL ANYMORE. give me a friggin break. As stated Bands grow times change.
Lets see If I was one of the fans that wanted Master of Puppets evry time Then I would be wearing parachute pants High top sneakers with the tounge hanging out, Bandanas down one leg, sleeveless T shirts with no belly
Bandana around my neck with a bunch of band buttons pin on it then either a Levi jacket with a Slayer back patch on it or just a leather jacket that looked like it was taken from Freddy Mercury's closet.
Oh please tel me they still dress that way.
Oh I don't think so. so as fashon style changes music has to stay the same. Um I hope not. We'd all be listening to three dog night if that was the case.
JMHO
Kerry

Kerry said:
zakly.

Oh and let us not forget when the did the unthinkable and cut their hair. OH MY GOD THEIR NOT COOL ANYMORE. give me a friggin break. As stated Bands grow times change.
Lets see If I was one of the fans that wanted Master of Puppets evry time Then I would be wearing parachute pants High top sneakers with the tounge hanging out, Bandanas down one leg, sleeveless T shirts with no belly
Bandana around my neck with a bunch of band buttons pin on it then either a Levi jacket with a Slayer back patch on it or just a leather jacket that looked like it was taken from Freddy Mercury's closet.
Oh please tel me they still dress that way.
Oh I don't think so. so as fashon style changes music has to stay the same. Um I hope not. We'd all be listening to three dog night if that was the case.
JMHO
Kerry

Its a lost cause. Its nothing to do with how they look. I could care less what they looked like, they could wear dresses on stage for all I care. Its the MUSIC i care about and their MUSIC changed to a watered down version of themselves ever since the black album. They had 4 Kick ASS albums each were heavy as fuck yet were still different from one another. I don't want another "Mater of Puppets" I want another METALLICA album not Rocktallica or Alternitivica album.

I have no problem with Artists that want to do some other style of music. However most bands that do something completely different do a SIDE PROJECT and don't try to market themselves as the same band. Good example is Phil Anselmo from Pantera. He did a stoner metal band with DOWN and did a few Black Metal bands and then Superjoint Ritual. Each band was different than Pantera and instead of making Pantera into those genres of music he did side projects. (yeah i know about the glam era of Pantera they sucked but it was till heavy metal to the bone). Just as Bruce Dickinson did with his SOLO band.

Metallica has been puting out Rock albums NOT Metal albums since the Black album and yet every time a new album comes out they say "Oh this one is going to be heavy like our early albums" so people go out and buy it only to be let down yet again.

I am a die hard Old Metallica fan I lived and died Metallica back in the day when the Black Album came out I almost fucking killed myself I couldn't even believe it and its only gotten worse from that point

Its funny too that this is an Iron Maiden forum. Iron Maiden has a zillion albums out and have never turned to a mainstream bullshit rock band. They are one of the most respected bands in history of Metal and thats why I am a die hard Iron Maiden fan. Fuck Metallica (Even Bruce frowned on Metallica when I got to talk to him in Los Angeles!) UP THE IRONS !!

??....Metallica are now grown men with millions and millions of dollars in the bank. They can be whatever it is they want to be. People grow and change, let it be.

Metallicat180 said:

Well that's true because Rolling Stones fans are older and make a lot more money then teenagers do, so they can be charged more and end up paying the same amount in relative terms.. But the Stones are now in their 60's... makes me feel so old, because where in the Hell did the last 20 wasted years go?... Anyway they're so old... that they are now being called "The Strolling Bones".

Hey Ironmadinfan09
Don't get me wrong I realize times change and band grow. Yes Metallica is writing music that sell albums to the blind sheep of the general public.
I was being a bit sarcastic with my last post because there were fans that got pissed only because they cut their hair. You and I have a valid reason to be pissed at them. They have totally watered down there sound. I was one of the fools that bought the Black album Only to be disappointed with it. Do I own any of there new stuff? Nop.
Slayer, Iron Maiden, Opeth, Helloween, JP, Ozzy, TOOL, Have all stuck to their guns and continue to put out great music.
Metallica, Motley Crue, Van Halen, Guns & Roses, Bon Jovi, And All the EMO Screamo, POP METAL bands record and play what sells records. Not necessarily what is true to their heart

Now as for the poster that made the comment "Have you heard Aja's songs that are very RnB/soul influenced? Does that mean she can't sing Iron Maiden songs"
That's not the same Because you play or sing a different type of music doesn't make you a sellout. Being a sell out is listening to the record companies tell you to "change your sound to be more main stream. THAT'S A SELL OUT.
Singing RnB with all your heart and soul well that's an expression of your skill as an artist.
Hey I'm a metal head at heart but my music standard are pretty simple. If there is talent involved I will listen and buy the album. if it sound half ass, half hearted, well out it goes.

Oh didn't James Hatfield go to counseling to get over some childhood issues?
I remember him saying that in an interview. Seems that may have mellowed him out a bit. When I went to marriage counseling It mellowed me out but I didn't start listening to Frank Sinatra. (?sp)
Kerry

You know if you want to get technical about the Image thing it was all about selling out. I work for a major record label. Let me tell you that one of the artists I work very closely with was forced to cut their hair and clean their image before they went on the Jay Leno show, Pepsi Smash, and Jimmy Kimmel live. They weren't happy about it one bit and ended up leaving the label.

The exact same thing happened when Metallica cut their hair and changed their image. Do you honestly think they did that just because they felt like it???? Come on people. The record label told them to do it as it would sell them more records as more mainstream types of audience could associate with their cleaned up looks.

In the end sure it doesn't matter one bit what they LOOK like but trust me with Metallica it was done on purpose to further Sell Out. Sorry I will stop now lol its just music, just a band this I know, but when you are passionate about something as I WAS with Metallica it feels like you have been betrayed. I just with people would stop buying their music then i garuntee you they would but out another Thrash album

Hell yeah! Everywhere they play, everytime they play! To many people, they are this generation's Led Zeppelin! Myself, I was never really into Metallica, Anthrax, Megadeth, or any of the speed/thrash metal bands in the '80s/90s. Was more into the hairband stuff back then, tho' Queensryche was my favorite! For me, the Black Album was "Jump the Shark" time. It's the only one of theirs I have. Very happy for the lads on the honor of the wet cement treatment! I too wanna see the pic with them and the girls! Maybe Aja's pic can be added in later on!

WillyKing said:
Hell yeah! Everywhere they play, everytime they play! To many people, they are this generation's Led Zeppelin! Myself, I was never really into Metallica, Anthrax, Megadeth, or any of the speed/thrash metal bands in the '80s/90s. Was more into the hairband stuff back then, tho' Queensryche was my favorite! For me, the Black Album was "Jump the Shark" time. It's the only one of theirs I have.

LOL this post pretty much sums it all up and I rest my case especially this one "I was never really into Metallica, Anthrax, Megadeth, or any of the speed/thrash metal bands in the '80s/90s. Was more into the hairband stuff" ROFL Their plan worked! They went soft so that mainstream america would buy their records. Good business men YES, credible Metal band NOPE!

::gags:: Funny how many people quote Jason Newstead on that stupid ass comment "We sell out everywhere we play" from Behind the Music. Funny how even Jason QUIT because he couldn't handle it anymore, Back to Voivod and Flotsam and Jetsam, much respect to him.

As for them being this generations "Led Zeppelin" um nope. I will give that to Iron Maiden. Way more talented, Way more true to themselves and their fans.

Pantera took over where Metallica left off in the 90's.

Who will be the next Pantera? I sure hope someone steps up soon, Metallica sure aren't going to be the one to take over the realm!

Let me get this right. Metallica sold out by going "mainstream". Now, you say we should stop buying their albums, and maybe they would go back to thrash. Wouldn't that be selling out as well? Certainly sounds like it to me.

Say what you will about Metallica, but I just can't seem to understand how so many people are still all ass hurt about something that happened 10 years ago. Get over it. Move on with your life. Go find some pretty one hit wonder pop stars to kick, cause this horse is way past dead...