Metallica play all of Puppets in Japan!!!

I liked the bottom-heavy sound of Justice. I didn't like the way the songs felt like they were a minute too long. It seemed rather drawn out. Like a Kevin Costner movie.

Hmmmm, probably a fair point.... Tracks like Blackened and Harvester of Sorrow are just pure genius Metallica though. :)

When I watched "Some Kind of Monster" it was sooooooo sad that it had gone from the brilliance of the early days into some kind of Springer/Oprah reality-soap-bullsh!t.... :-(

jdelpi said:
Cheap Trick played three of their albums in their entirity at a series of shows.
Dio did the entire Holy Diver live last year.
Deep Purple did all of Machine Head live a while ago.

Pink Floyd was first, I'm sure.

Oh, and Dream Theater did all of MOP in order before Metallica did! DT also did Number of the Beast live.

Phish played the Beatles' White Album live.

Dream Theater also did their "Scenes from a Memory" and Pink Floyd's "Dark Side of the Moon" live. Didn't one of Les Claypool's bands do "Animals" live a few years back? And, I think Primus did "Frizzle Fry" for their Hallucino-Genetics DVD.

JuanDeLaForet said:
Hmmmm, probably a fair point.... Tracks like Blackened and Harvester of Sorrow are just pure genius Metallica though. :)

When I watched "Some Kind of Monster" it was sooooooo sad that it had gone from the brilliance of the early days into some kind of Springer/Oprah reality-soap-bullsh!t.... :-(
Harvester is a great song. . .I also agree that "Some Kind of Monster" showed them all as being just a bit too moist. Specifically James and Lars.

jdelpi said:
...Pink Floyd was first, I'm sure.

I'd say The Who's "Tommy" was first, but it really doesn't matter. I don't think it's a bad thing to perform an entire album on stage, especially if the album is well-liked. Queen's "A night at the opera", or Zeppelin's "Physical Graffity" Live - wouldn't it be nice?

If you go to you tube in type in Metallica live 2006 there are some cool videos of all the puppets songs including the full version of orion recorded off europen tv.

Pink Floyd also did the whole version of the wall back in 80.

Its cool when bands do an entire album if its a great album.

I wish AC/DC would of did all of Back in Black a few years ago when they were younger.

karrokid said:
i wish van halen would reunite with gary cherone and perform all of VH3 in its entierty :lol:
I guess I'm the only one who liked that album! Well, half of it anyway!:erk:

DarbysDad said:
Was Cherone with VH the inspiration for the fruity booty avatar? :lol:
No, that would be the Rammstein thread!:lol: By the way, was Gary Cherone gay? I've heard that a few times lately, but I don't know. Not that there's anything wrong with that!!!:kickass:

karrokid said:
who can forget all those hits ? somebody help me out here :lol:
I think "Without You" was a minor hit in the US. But there were a couple of other decent tunes on it.