Metallica - Through The Never

still the same 0k file. Only thing i can think of is check the file you're uploading, just make sure it plays....and check it when its uploaded. weird stuff

Originally posted by Ultima Ibanez Overlord
I know the file is ok. I'll try again tomorrow. Rabies has a copy that I mailed to him. Maybe he can upload it before then. If not, I'll try again. Sorry, man. I don't know what's stopping it.

Lee

pssst! rabies! if you get this before tomarrow, it would be much appreciated if you could throw that file up yourself. If not, no biggie...im just anxious to get the song rehearsed! :cool:

HulkBlood01, I just thought; you could set up a Yahoo mail account, or even better, download Yahoo Messenger. Both of these solutions will give you a mail box that lets you recieve files of several mb in size. Messenger would let me send you the file, and it would download to your computer as I send it, so it would cut the transfer time in half.
Yahoo messenger or some kind of real-time chat facility might be fairly useful at times.
I have Yahoo Messenger. If you download that, HulkBlood01, I can send the file over to you in about 10 minutes. (yeah, I'm still on dial-up :bah: ).

Lee

Originally posted by Ultima Ibanez Overlord
HulkBlood01, I just thought; you could set up a Yahoo mail account, or even better, download Yahoo Messenger. Both of these solutions will give you a mail box that lets you recieve files of several mb in size. Messenger would let me send you the file, and it would download to your computer as I send it, so it would cut the transfer time in half.
Yahoo messenger or some kind of real-time chat facility might be fairly useful at times.
I have Yahoo Messenger. If you download that, HulkBlood01, I can send the file over to you in about 10 minutes. (yeah, I'm still on dial-up :bah: ).

Lee

Hmm, that file probably timed out, because you were on dial-up. :p I do have yahoo messenger, but im behind a network with a firewall. might make a difference. my yahoo mail is (and i hope this works, its a yahoo/sbc account) the_mccaff@sbcglobal.net
I can log into yahoo messenger with it, so it should work...try email first. When i go on later i'll keep yahoo open.

Problem solved ( I hope) I got it up there on the yahoo site. It should be working.

Lee, I hope something is wrong on my side..but I noticed that the scratch track had a ton of clipping on it....or if it was not clipping, it was some kind of wierd 'crackling' sound on the parts where you are playing. I know this is not the final track..but thought I would point it out now before you record your final takes. My apologies if you already knew this.

thanks, both of you guys. lee, for the scratch track, and rabies for getting it working! i'll sit down at the drums tomarrow and see what happens....

Rabies, I didn't notice anything on my copy. I wonder if the file has deteriorated somehow. Is that possible?
Anyhow, apologies to everyone for that. I honestly don't have that on my copy of the file. If I'd had that, I would have sorted it before sending it. I'll grab a copy of the version that's on the website to hear it.
It shouldn't happen on any "proper" versions that I record, I'll take a lot more care.
I hope it's still useful to HulkBlood01 and to you for getting the tone, Rabies.

Sorry guys.

Lee

I heard it. I'll make sure that nothing like that is on the final versions. Today I recorded some stuff for a collaboration with the keyboard player from my main band. It came out fine, too. Although I was ultra-aware of not letting any clipping creep in.

I know there were quite a few mistakes in that file, too. If anyone wants, I'm more than willing to record a much better version. Now I'm not sneezing every 3 seconds, I can probably lay one down without jerking all over the place like a spasmodic fool.

Just off topic, does anyone use mp3.com? I've only recently joined up, and it seemed such a cool deal; they host your music for free, with virtually no limits. But like all good things, the great, free deal is coming to an end. You can now only host 3 files on there. You'll have to pay to host more than that.
What a shame. I hope IUMA doesn't change to something like that.

hey just wanted to give everyone an update as to what the lazy drummers doing, lol.
i'm getting two bass drum mics for x-mas to complete my setup, so i wanted to hold off on recording till i get em. My drums should really sound good then! :cool: i'll let you guys know when i get that recorded. later!

Originally posted by HulkBlood01
hey just wanted to give everyone an update as to what the lazy drummers doing, lol.
i'm getting two bass drum mics for x-mas to complete my setup, so i wanted to hold off on recording till i get em. My drums should really sound good then! :cool: i'll let you guys know when i get that recorded. later!

Thanks for the update HB. :)

Don't worry too much over how long you take. One of the things that makes this sort of collaboration enjoyable is the loose schedule. In fact, there is no schedule! :lol:

Looking forward to it! :headbang:

-EC

P.S. Congrats on the kick mics! That's gonna sound great, I'm sure! :headbang: