Metallica - Through The Never

Tag..I am it.
Had the drum track...got the bass downloaded, listened to..and recording environment setup. Give me a week. Its been awhile since I practiced this..and I want to get my downpicking chops back up.

EC..your bass sounds fine..I had to bump the midrange EQ way up in my virtual recording environment so I could make sure I hear you clearly and try to play tight alongside with you...but other than that..no major flaws I could hear.

Isn't this kinda hard to play with fingers? just curious.

rabies said:
EC..your bass sounds fine..I had to bump the midrange EQ way up in my virtual recording environment so I could make sure I hear you clearly and try to play tight alongside with you...but other than that..no major flaws I could hear.

Isn't this kinda hard to play with fingers? just curious.

Yea Rabs, as usual I left the bass track just as it was, no post=processing, so feel free to tweak it as needed. :cool:

Nah, I didn't think it was too hard with fingers, though it's a bit rough to get some of the parts to sound consistent that way. Jason Newsted's sound is pretty much designed to get buried in the mix, so he doesn't have to worry about that too much, lol. I probably put a bit more bite into the sound I used, but I figured that's better to have that bite there, then it could be backed off if need be. :cool: