Metallica

Early Metallica was great. Kill 'Em All was so fast, Lightning and Puppets were probably the best, Justice and Black were good, never listened to Garage Inc. Load & ReLoad were good, but a different sound... blues metal. James' voice on the later albums was amazing. S&M was good, the orchestra made it sound good.

Metallica made the Orchestra sound bad IMHO
But it made metallica sound good (is this a 'is the glass half empty or half full?' type thing?).

One of my favourite parts of that DVD is the orchestra intro, when metallica arent even on the stage. So maybe you have a point ....

Originally posted by YaYoGakk
yeh megadeth's rust in peace is heaps better than any metallica album,

I agree. Rust in Peace is a classic album. Metallica are still pretty good. Puppets and Lightning are good albums.

i love all pre-load metallica ....still listen to my MOP cd on a religious basis and yet i can never get tired of it ....load and reload themselves aren't too bad but they don't have the metallica feel at all ...s&m was pretty cool tho....

10 things a "true" metalhead should do.
1.) When asked about a band, always reply, "Dude they sold out."
2.) Dont be open-minded at all.
3.) Once a band has more then 5 fans, don't listen to them anymore.
4.) Wear obscure t-shirts of bands you have never heard of, just to be 'more metal'.
5.) Bash Metallica, even though you just listened to Master of Puppets 5 minutes earlier.
6.) Bash Metallica even though they influenced half of the bands you listen to.
7.) Use the term 'stay true' often.
8.) Don't listen to bands that have even remotely changed over the years; remember everything stays the same.
9.) Keep saying, "Oh I wish my favorite band would go back to the sound they had in 1984" even though it's 2001.
10.) Take everything way too seriously. Reply to this post with, "Go fuck your mom" or "Slayer rules... Metallica sucks".

well then.. go back in the 80s.. form a group.. be famous.. make money.. influence the whole metal scene.. don't ever become "soft".. even if you are 40 years old.. and then come here and tell me "they've sold out"... til then.. u could all just shut up! ok? nothing personal here..

MOP is NOT thrash.. maybe 2 or 3 songs at most but it's not a thrash album.. Justice is MORE thrash than MOP.. although it's not a thrash album either.. and I think the One video is great.. one of my favorite videos.. i haven't seen the movie yet.. it must be great.. anyway it's just a matter of taste.. why so much fuss about MetallicA? :)

Originally posted by TheMindzI
well then.. go back in the 80s.. form a group.. be famous.. make money.. influence the whole metal scene.. don't ever become "soft".. even if you are 40 years old.. and then come here and tell me "they've sold out"... til then.. u could all just shut up! ok? nothing personal here..

I believe in quitting while still ahead.

Are you Lars in disguise btw?

Why quit? Metallica was never about the fans.. it was always about them.. why u ppl can't get it? It's so simple.. if u make a group for the fans then u r selling out.. if u do whatever the fuck u want and don't care about anyone.. that's it.. but u think that one who goes "soft" is selling out.. I really can't understand your way of thinking.. the years go by.. you grow up.. you think totally different.. you can't write music like u did 20 years ago.. is that so hard for you?
Anyway there are LOTS of bands that have "sold out".. most of my favorite bands have: Megadeth, Slayer, Paradise Lost, Anathema, My Dying Bride, Theatre Of Tragedy, Dark Tranquillity... why no one bothers about them? I'm just hearing about MetallicA all the time.. something's going on here.. I guess some ppl were looking for an excuse to bash them.. because they were fuckin good.. and now it's the time.. I don't know.. I still respect them for their early stuff and that's all.. c'ya :)

People playing the old Metallica albums over and over again are the same as their parents who deny that anyone besides the Beatles are worth listening to.
Yes, you've memorized every second of music ever recored by Metallica: but there is so much new and exciting shit out now, why wouldn't you want to listen to that?

u got something wrong here.. i haven't listened to MetallicA for quite a long time.. I've already told that Opeth's my favourite band at the moment.. and I listen to a lot of other stuff..
but Metallica were there for me all these years.. that's all..

Originally posted by TheMindzI
Why quit? Metallica was never about the fans.. it was always about them.. why u ppl can't get it? It's so simple.. if u make a group for the fans then u r selling out.. if u do whatever the fuck u want and don't care about anyone.. that's it.. but u think that one who goes "soft" is selling out.. I really can't understand your way of thinking.. the years go by.. you grow up.. you think totally different.. you can't write music like u did 20 years ago.. is that so hard for you?
Anyway there are LOTS of bands that have "sold out".. most of my favorite bands have: Megadeth, Slayer, Paradise Lost, Anathema, My Dying Bride, Theatre Of Tragedy, Dark Tranquillity... why no one bothers about them? I'm just hearing about MetallicA all the time.. something's going on here.. I guess some ppl were looking for an excuse to bash them.. because they were fuckin good.. and now it's the time.. I don't know.. I still respect them for their early stuff and that's all.. c'ya :)

Oh shut the feck up. I'm tired of your idiotic ramblings about Metallica that defy logic. The music has changed to a large degree, yet you keep overlooking this fact. Furthermore if they were out there making music strictly for themselves, why all the fucking promotions (I live in the Bay Area and all the metal stations are advertising them 24/7), orchestra-stunts, VH1/MTV appearances. What the feck was Garage Days re-re-released for? Why the feck does Lars charge you to even look at pictures at metclub.com? What the feck was the Napster thing all about? Metallica are in business only for the almighty dollar, and I'm just stating the obvious. It's natural that a lot of fans felt disenfranchised, and appalled. Enuff said.

Are you Lars in disguise?

Metallica was one of the first metal bands that I got into when they were metal. I still like them even though they have decided to change their musical interests. If you are not happy playing what you have been playing for years then why keep doing it and be miserable. I think it took a lot of guts for them to change because most other bands would be saying "but what will people think about us?" Metallica has always said that the music is for themselves they are selfish, they didn't hide it. At least they didn't tell everyone what they wanted to hear. You have to respect that.

Originally posted by Wolff

Oh shut the feck up. I'm tired of your idiotic ramblings about Metallica that defy logic. The music has changed to a large degree, yet you keep overlooking this fact. Furthermore if they were out there making music strictly for themselves, why all the fucking promotions (I live in the Bay Area and all the metal stations are advertising them 24/7), orchestra-stunts, VH1/MTV appearances. What the feck was Garage Days re-re-released for? Why the feck does Lars charge you to even look at pictures at metclub.com? What the feck was the Napster thing all about? Metallica are in business only for the almighty dollar, and I'm just stating the obvious. It's natural that a lot of fans felt disenfranchised, and appalled. Enuff said.

Are you Lars in disguise?

Have u ever heard about "record companies"? Do u know that they actually OWN the groups they've signed with? Garage Days released, Garage Days re-released and Garage INC are totally different versions, nevermind the name.. released and re-released were absolutely different albums.. and INC got some great new stuff.. Lars doesn't charge me about anything.. why is it always about Lars? Because he's CHOSEN to be the "frontman" of the group? Anyway it's his group.. and u r charged ONLY if u want to be a metclub member.. and metclub members have some privileges that others don't (including access to a lot of rare pictures).. that doesn't really mean u have to pay to see some pics.. does it? :) metclub.com is STRICTLY for metclub members..
about the napster thing.. I hate ppl downloading mp3 and not buying cds.. i really hate them.. as well as ppl copying cds without ever bothering buying them.. even albums they really like.. i used to download some mp3s.. but only to listen to some stuff that i'd never listened to before.. and buy the cd.. i've got a cdr at home.. but i've never used it to burn an audio cd... i LOVE original stuff.. anyway i didn't like the fact that they sued napster (their record company did it.. metallica and any other group had nothing to lose..).. but there are some ppl out there that really don't care about anything and just download albums all day long.. i was really happy when napster was about to close.. just about those ppl.. and it's got nothing to do with metallica..
music is about money.. everything's about money.. i don't encourage that.. but that's what's happening.. and i feel sorry about it.. but that's the way it goes..
and i'm not lars .. my name is george.. george ulrich :lol: :lol: