Metalstock 2008

Cowboy hat? Noooooo... *cough*... I suppose the untrained eye could mistake it as such though... Who might you be then? :p

PS- Mother Eel would try to convince you of that!
if you remember a guy bleeding everywhere after his mate smashing a schooner on his head , thats me.
nah im mates with mother eel.
they meant to say , come party with us after metalstock

Just a quick sumise of my opinion/experience of Metalstock 2008.
All ages gigs at The Manning really really suck! Being caged on the balcony as the only place you can drink and having the choice of very few beers/spirits the cheapest being a can of extra dry for $5.50 really blows!
I know there's more to a gig than drinking but it really is unfair to have to watch the bands through closed glass doors if you choose to consume some lager.
Anyways to the music. Sat had no international bands yet it still costed $45 which was a bit over the top if you ask me although the level of bands were high i admit perhaps $20-$25 would have been more reasonable but meh.
Highlight of day one was surprisingly to me EBOLIE! I have seen them a few times already and know they are extremely entertaining but this time they just sounded enormous as well.Also i didn't realise just how good their guitarist Tim really is.I thought he was the best player of the weekend! But still of course only my opinion.Also good on day one were ALCHEMIST, GROTESQUE and THE FUROR.
Day 2 and i was still thirsty for more so got there again as early as poss although i missed BEYOND TERROR BEYOND GRACE.Pretty slow start to the day as there weren't many people there early and the lack of atmosphere for the early bands was quite noticeable.It wasn't till PATHOGEN came on that it picked up and did so immensly. They were fucking awesome and the best band of the fest by a Metal mile!Although in fairness PSYCROPTIC were faultless as well! KATAKLYSM were pretty good but had they been from Australia they would def have had to play before PATHOGEN and PSYCROPTIC but still props to them for coming over here and they seemed very happy with the response they got.
So to sum it all up it wasn't bad but hopefully next year they take the fest back outdoors or move it somewhere that the drinkers can be closer to the action should it remain all ages.Also i would really really like to see more variety in the line up.The lack of the more melodic styles was really noticeable to me and i think def a couple of Power,prog or doom bands next year would be a good move.:)

What makes you say that?
You might not like what they play but they are so tight.

I remember seeing them at Bar Broadway opening for Bloodduster . Fuck , the longest song they played went for 1.20 and the rest of them went for about 20 seconds . "This song is called Boiled Cabbage" WTF?:lol::lol:

They are a sad joke of a band. fuck them if they are tight , they don't have time to play out of time :lol::lol:

THEY ARE SHIT

I don't know if being tight always means the band is good... it's sort of a mute point. Of course it means the have skill, but Creed are tight, and they are shit. It's one of those adjectives you throw in to describe a band really, but of course it can be good, but not on it's own.

I remember seeing them at Bar Broadway opening for Bloodduster . Fuck , the longest song they played went for 1.20 and the rest of them went for about 20 seconds . "This song is called Boiled Cabbage" WTF?:lol::lol:

They are a sad joke of a band. fuck them if they are tight , they don't have time to play out of time :lol::lol:

THEY ARE SHIT

I wasn't aware that this was the metalshop forums...

Straight up though dude, there's beauty and intricacy in dissonance and short songs just as there is in epic melodic songs, furthermore their lyrics are of actual intelligence, rather than a lame joke on a forum.

I guess if they painted themselves and wore lots of leather they'd be up your alley? Grim And Frostbitten Kingdoms certainly is a far better theme for a song though right?

Fair enough if you don't like what they do, doesn't mean you should say such harsh things as "They should be shot". Where is your band at?

Aus Metal Scene = Needs less people like you.
www.roadrunnerforums.com.au/ms - sign up there buddy.:Smug:

P.S. Sorry if this breaks any rules of this forum, i just figure, this is the forum of a great aussie metal band, which should have more supporters of the aus scene on it.

Don't get too offended by his posts mate, i don't think he's said anything intelligent for quite some time. :)

Err: Shoot him The Bird.
Ignignot: Yes. Give him the Finger.

Ignignot: Err, Hand out the free cigarette.
Err: We smoke while we shoot The Bird.:lol::lol:

Err: Shoot him The Bird.
Ignignot: Yes. Give him the Finger.

Ignignot: Err, Hand out the free cigarette.
Err: We smoke while we shoot The Bird.:lol::lol:
banner.gif

:lol::lol:

This thread is going down hill quickly, I have to agree with Justice impaled on this one Benji, Beyond Terror Beyond Grace are the only grind band I like I don't listen to any grind on cd. So the only band that has impressed me live is B.T.B.G, as Justice Impaled said they are so tight for the type of music they play and can work the crowd well. Although I didn't enjoy them as much on Sunday, it wasn't the best id seen them play and half the fun of thier set is the drunks up the front going nuts & yelling random funny shit, not to much of that going on at the start of the festival.

As for the rest of Metalstock, I was only there for Sunday, Dave pretty much summed it all up for me Pathogen kicked arse I loved when the guitarist jumped into the crowed and still tried to play his guitar untill the lead came out :lol: i'll also add I was very surprised at the good turnout and how good the merch stand was, all in all it was an awesome day cant wait for next year