Metalstock 2008

I see your Pirate Pose and raise you a Tabletop Strip Dance.

liamdebbieon0.gif

LOL leave Liam alone, he's a champ. Also justice, Benji is a fag, dont mind him. And about the music you's are talking about, its not my style, but i think most metal bands have talent so stop the bitching. Although i dont like 90% of the metal out there, i can't deny their talent.

Beyond Terror Beyond Grace should be shot , they are shockingly bad.

Our Metalstock show was not our best show by far but we play grindcore - short,discordant blasts with punk elements - not everybody is gonna like it. We know that there are only a small amount of people that are actually into grind. Thanks to the people that actually got there early and watched. People that like us head to the next show at the Sando in April 5th. All others support the music they like by going to a show.

Ravendark is never going to like BTBG. End of story.
BLASTCHAOS!!!!

Song might have actually been called "Recycled Carnage" but boiled cabbage is hell funny - no wonder we get strange looks - Vegogrind !!!!!!

Ravendark is never going to like BTBG. End of story.

You may be on to something.

Wow , you took that pretty well .

But seriously dude , what is it with the 20 second songs? The average length of Grindcore songs that i've heard are about 2-3 mins:S

If you were some pisstake band i'm sure you could get away with it , but from what i see you take yourselves seriously.

Any grindcore band whose songs go for over two minutes would be better categorised as "prog-grind".

or epic-grind/epic-core.

recently was told about a band from the USA who called themselves "Post-Grind", saying they took the elements of grindcore to their logical conclusion and moved on to new and more interesting stylings.

Two days afterwards, a Canadian band claimed that they had invented "Pre-Post-Grind" -which meant that they played normal grindcore.

You obviously don't listen to much grind :p

Any grindcore band whose songs go for over two minutes would be better categorised as "prog-grind".

We take influences from grind bands such as rotten sound, discordance axis, nasum, circle of dead children and early pig destroyer who all have mainly songs under 2 minutes with mainly serious lyrical content. We enjoy trying to reduce a song to its intense elements getting rid of needless repeating of riffs.
Sometimes it takes longer to write a 15 second song than a 3 minute song !!!
The micro song influence (less than 30 seconds) is from napalm death scum album and also from brutal truth.

lol about prog grind or in reality deathgrind

Back on topic
The Dead got a really good reaction to their brand of old school death metal
Ulcerate were amazing - intense tech death that doesn't sound like psycroptic - kinda isis meets cryptopsy - good guys as well - check them out
highlight was psycroptic but no new material
kataklysm are a polished death thrash who had great sound

or epic-grind/epic-core.

recently was told about a band from the USA who called themselves "Post-Grind", saying they took the elements of grindcore to their logical conclusion and moved on to new and more interesting stylings.

Two days afterwards, a Canadian band claimed that they had invented "Pre-Post-Grind" -which meant that they played normal grindcore.

what is the name of these post grind bands?

You may be on to something.

Wow , you took that pretty well .

But seriously dude , what is it with the 20 second songs? The average length of Grindcore songs that i've heard are about 2-3 mins:S

If you were some pisstake band i'm sure you could get away with it , but from what i see you take yourselves seriously.

Actual grind fans are ones we pay attention to with their comments. Everyone is entitled to an opinion. Hopefully hijacking the TM/metalstock thread will increase the popularity of grindcore from 5% to 6%.:)