metalthrashcore?

heshian46

Sep 1, 2009
Northwest Burbs of Chicago, IL
New mix I did for my ex-band as a demo for them to put up on their internets.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/37353680/the%20broken%20end%20new.wav

Drums are programmed/sample replaced w/ real cymbals (I played them). 414's in X-Y pattern overhead and spot mic'd cymbals.
Kick is a mix of my own and samples from here. Snare is also a mix of my own samples plus some from here.
Toms are slate.

Guitars are 6505+ into a 1960A cab with a 57 and a 421 into a Portico 5012 into an 003. Everything else was into an 003+

Bass is a fender j bass, DI w/ BOD and some other processing.

Vox are through a AT4040.
Some VCC on thethe 2 bus and mastered with T-Racks.

This one battled me all the way. Im still not 100% satisfied but i've already dumped a lot of hours into it. Not thrilled with how the low end is gelling, and theres are sharpness I cant get rid of in the guitars without loosing alot of definition.

Let me know what you think?

The guitars are a bit fizzy and bright and bit too scooped. Need more juicy mids. Anyway, yes this is a dead section.

I've been battling with these guitars the whole time. When I try to put some more mids in there, it gets boxy. I try to shift it down the spectrum a bit and it gets tubby. Tbh, I dont think the raw tone is there. Unfortunately its not a DI track, and I dont have one available. So far this mix exhibits the best balance I could get out of them.