Metaltown SE

astream

Burning headbanger
Jul 24, 2009
Hey guys,

went down to Gothenburg on this weekend.

Here are my thoughts.

As we were not camping but staying in an apartment an hour away, I did not see as many bands as I could have. Missed TDT for example. They got a slot at 2 pm - I too early.

System of a down: Awesome. The songs were a best-of-compilation. Cool to see them, they sounded great, Serj was kicking ass! Cool synthesizer-version (Kraftwerk style) of the last verse of War?.

I was sorry to not having seen them when they were on their "height", but would have hated myself for not having seen them at all.

Avenged Sevenfold: Kicking ass! Really great. Having seen them with three different drummers, this show was probably the best from a drummer's POV. The Rev and Mike Portnoy were/are great, but this new kid ... he really knows his stuff.

Volbeat: Well ... a festival gig is sometimes just a festival gig. I think the singer told us to give ourselves a round of applauses 4 or 5 times during the set. It's ok, they are communicating with the audience in a good way, but I think this time too much. LG Petrov of Entombed did an amazing job on one of their songs. Rob Caggiano joined them on stage for a Misfits song.

Cavalera Conspiracy: The sound was not great. Checked a few songs out. They were really giving it all for the crowd though.

Watain: Scary stuff ... the tent was smelling of something rotten (and we even stood way back!) :puke: but cool somehow.