Metronome is recording direct to track! How the hell do i stop it?

kev

Im guybrush threepwood
Jun 16, 2004
Bristol, United Kingdom
www.myspace.com
Hey all, almost sorted my 1010lt problems out, but for some reason the cubase metronome is recording onto the guitar track. At first i thought it was bleed, but now ive relalised its going there direct lol.

Kev

Sorry dude, I can't recall off the top of my head. It's a bit too late for me to go through all the options. Just check the Cubase manual and you should find everything you need there.

There should be a ton of options under one of the menus and they should have everything you need. I think direct monitoring is in the same place that you set your ASIO driver latency, if not there then just the prefferences menu. There's also an entire menu dedicated to various routing options.

Moonlapse said:
Sorry dude, I can't recall off the top of my head. It's a bit too late for me to go through all the options. Just check the Cubase manual and you should find everything you need there.

There should be a ton of options under one of the menus and they should have everything you need. I think direct monitoring is in the same place that you set your ASIO driver latency, if not there then just the prefferences menu. There's also an entire menu dedicated to various routing options.

k thanks man! Found it, but its greyed out lol. This sound card is bound to support it tho, so i think i'll reinstall the base of cu and see what happens.

Fredrik-Ablaze said:
How about giving the manual a read? I've had a 1010LT and I'm pretty sure that the correct setup is listed there...
Ive given the manuel a read, but it doesnt cover these tiny technical difficulties :erk:

The metronome seems to be registering as an input, but ive got no idea how to just hear it as opposed to actually recording it :cry:

Grr... im sure that the metronome shouldnt be showing as a input here?

prob.jpg

Thats what i think, but me being a total noob doesnt help. Anybody else have this card and can tell me if these settings are ok? Ive even installed nuendo razor, but the problem persists!

Pic on the left shows that the midi click is coming in through input 1+2 for some batty reason. The one on the right shows my settings.

Thanks everyone.

prob2.jpg

If you have your speakers or headphones connected to WavOut1&2, you should tick that setting in the patchbay/router -tab. Now that it has the Monitor mixer ticked, it will record anything you hear. See if that helps.

Just a guess though.

Bob, looked at those and they appear to be the same problem im having at least!

Corn, tried your plan, but thats not been successful either sadly. I'll continue messing around with the router in the hope of a fluke or something :)

Thanks so much so far guys!