MFTB Replacement gig in Sydney!??

I think it'll be crap. Unless all the bands that were meant to be at MFTB are there. Then of course it will be amazing. But they won't be. MFTB is called Metal for the Brain, not Damnation. I am going to be extremely disappointed if this is on the same day as Metal for the Brain, but I don't think it will be. Alchemist is recording at the moment, so I doubt they'll be organising anything for MFTB for some time to come.

i dont like the sound of the 'alternative' part there.....

IMO, people still want MFTB and they wont accept crappy immitations

Can someone post it here for those of us who can't access the Dungeon forum all the time because it loads in frames of the Dungeon website which isn't always accessible for Iprimus users? Thanks a bunch. :)

Timmy - get rid of the frames! :mad: Thanks. :D

here you go spiffy! just for you!:lol:

Just read this in Drum Media (Sydney street press)!

"Saturday April 25 The Metro will be hosting the years premier heavy music event, DAMNATION 2003, featuring the cream of Australia's major and up & coming heavy/alternative acts spread over two stages. Confirmed acts will be announced shortly...."

I'd like to play it just to show all the people that think Nirvana & Tool are "Heavy Metal" what real metal is about!

Then watch them go
:OMG: "What the fuck was that!?" :bah:

:lol:

So should Australian metal bands play for the same 100 people they always play to for the rest of their careers? :confused:

God forbid any fans of other styles of music like what they see...

Nah, they should tour europe and play to a less apathetic fan base if they want to play to more people...!

One thing I will give Aus metal fans, though - by and large they're the most loyal, loud, fanatical, cool people you'd ever want to play to! It's just a shame that the *real* metal scene is so small in this country!

Originally posted by Lord Tim
Nah, they should tour europe and play to a less apathetic fan base if they want to play to more people...!

One thing I will give Aus metal fans, though - by and large they're the most loyal, loud, fanatical, cool people you'd ever want to play to! It's just a shame that the *real* metal scene is so small in this country!

it would probably be a lot smaller if it wasn't for the bands themselves.Usually half the crowd are members of other metal bands!