MIA: Mieszko (Nasum)

haha sorry for all the thread making guys. You all probably heard this, but I guess we can have a condolences thread for him too.

taken from www.nasum.com

"It's very hard for us to make this announcement, but since rumours are already out on the Internet we must make an official statement: Mieszko Talarczyk is missing in Thailand.

Mieszko and his girlfriend went to Thailand to spend the holidays. They left a few days before Christmas and were scheduled to return right after New Years Eve.

They were staying in a bungalow at Phi Phi Island and when the big wave came and swept the bungalow away the two were seperated. Mieszko's girlfriend is being reported hospitalized "badly injured" but she has been in contact with among others Mieszko's sister who has been posting an "I'm looking for..." at the Phuket Disaster Forum.

This is everything we know right now. Since we are all shocked by this surreal situation we strongly advice fans of Nasum to respect the anxiety we and the Talarczyk and Thorén families feel at this time, and NOT post questions by email or in the guestbook at nasum.com. We will post all sorts of news on the website, but again, please respect our wish in this uneasy time."

Sincerely,
Anders, Jon and Urban of Nasum.
------------------------------------

also, fans of Rotten Sound, mieszko was the producer.

respect for surviving? your not supposed to get respect for surviving unharmed. you get respect for losing your limbs and crawling back to civilization with a fractured skull or you get respect for dying. all you get for just plain old regular surviving is some sympathy for your loss of priceless belongings.

been there done that? thats great. know what though? thats the attitude of people who think they are better then everyone else. know what else? those people fucking suck. know why? because in fact they arent actualy better then anyone. all they are is big headed.

I don't think respect is the right word in this case.
All the people who died, lost family members/friends/loved ones need the support from us all.

Cant take a little humor, eh? What if I in my endless wisdom chose not to go to beach because of the earthquake I felt in the middle of the night, knowing that such will cause tsunamis. The been there done that is a refference to bbc's the office which i guess you dont get thhere in florida. You might (with your keltic psyche) think it is "horrible" to joke about people's death, well, I dont. If youy want to know why you should study some old nordic litterature and while youre at it, make sure to read Vargsmal by Varg Vikernes, one of the greatest men in our time.

TheLastWithPaganBlood said:
Cant take a little humor, eh? What if I in my endless wisdom chose not to go to beach because of the earthquake I felt in the middle of the night, knowing that such will cause tsunamis. The been there done that is a refference to bbc's the office which i guess you dont get thhere in florida. You might (with your keltic psyche) think it is "horrible" to joke about people's death, well, I dont. If youy want to know why you should study some old nordic litterature and while youre at it, make sure to read Vargsmal by Varg Vikernes, one of the greatest men in our time.

Varg wrote a book?? lol thats cool, where can we get it? i'd like to check it out!
i don't know why but i don't feel the slightest bit of sympathy for the dead, whereas on september 11th i was much more touched... may because the images for that catastrophe were more outstanding.. showing more people cry and despair and all..

nah i dont think its horrible to joke about peoples death. in fact i do it quite often myself. but i sure do hate people who think they are better then someone else because the other was traveling and knew nothing of the sort and is most likely dead because huge ass waves slammed his body into jagged rocks and into walls and very dull edged objects over and over until eventualy he either drowned to death or just got beat to death.

varg? greatest men of our time? ya.... sure... because he had a temper tantrum hes one of the greatest men ever? ok.... i spose you think dead is one of the greatest men of our time too? because hes unhappy with the music scene he has to kill himself? so many people think hes so great but i think hes just a fucking pussy.

everything you say is void as of now, but you're playing discharge so Ill give you heads up.

oh wait, if its "hear nothing say nothing do nothing" then forget it. fight back is good though.

i dont think demonandlies666 will want to name the 90% of metal bands he's talking about, it might be a bit long :p

dont get me wrong. theres a good chunk that write songs as they go. amon amarth are probably one of them. even bands who didnt write them all at once atleast had a few songs they had as an idea and they save the idea for a later time when they feel its more necessary to release the song. and i think the number is probably more like 60-75% that write most the stuff ahead of time. but... yeah... varg wasnt that special to me.... just another guy whos famous in metal for throwing a temper tantrum who happened to write some songs... thats about it.... and hes actualy more famous for throwing the temper tantrum because i honestly dont like any of his music. =\

i personnally believe varg is a musical genious, none can reproduce the athmosphere he gives in his songs. he really has a fucking talent. with a friend we compose a few black metal songs for fun inspired by burzum and all but we can never achieve his greatness and that fucking ennoys me lol.

DemonsAndLies666 said:
but... yeah... varg wasnt that special to me.... just another guy whos famous in metal for throwing a temper tantrum who happened to write some songs... thats about it.... and hes actualy more famous for throwing the temper tantrum because i honestly dont like any of his music. =\
quoted for truth. varg wrote some great tunes, but he/she needs to shut his/her pie-hole, before he breaks a nail.