nasum frontman missing. result of thailand tsunami

genocide roach

DOOOOOOOOOOM
Aug 18, 2002
"It's very hard for us to make this announcement, but since rumours are already out on the Internet we must make an official statement: Mieszko Talarczyk is missing in Thailand.

"Mieszko and his girlfriend went to Thailand to spend the holidays. They left a few days before Christmas and were scheduled to return right after New Year's Eve.

"They were staying in a bungalow at Phi Phi Island and when the big wave came and swept the bungalow away the two were separated. Mieszko's girlfriend is being reported hospitalized 'badly injured' but she has been in contact with among others Mieszko's sister who has been posting an 'I'm looking for...' at the Phuket Disaster Forum.

"This is everything we know right now. Since we are all shocked by this surreal situation we strongly advise fans of NASUM to respect the anxiety we and the Talarczyk and Thorén families feel at this time, and NOT post questions by email or in the guestbook at Nasum.com. We will post all sorts of news on the website, but again, please respect our wish in this uneasy time.

"Sincerely, Anders, Jon and Urban of NASUM."

a little info on phi phi island. its at the very south of thailand, near phuket island. reports on the news said that the island was pretty much destroyed.

hope the dude is allright
~gR~

Good god, more death fear.

It sucks that some useless grind musician might have been killed, in amidst the other eighteen thousand dead?

I wish I could only see the world through such myopic, entertainment-centric eyes.

Something tells me Blaphbee habitually ghosts this forum for the absolute wrong moment to remind us that he exists.

You're right, Decadent. For instance, I'm sure I lost quite a few extended family members in this tragedy(44,000's the current estimate, actually), but I still hate that Nasum's singer might be one of them, although I wasn't too big a Nasum fan, anyway...

Let's hope for the best, and yeah, a bad year for metal...

Blaphbee said:
It sucks that some useless grind musician might have been killed, in amidst the other eighteen thousand dead?
Then feel free to create another 18,000 threads for each of those people and vent your sob stories there. Or you could just be quiet. ;)

Well, it's just a stroke of luck my aunt and uncle were in Phuket 1 day before and were actually thinking of extending their stay for another few days, instead they changed their minds and went to Bangkok.

In a way, death shouldn't be feared but best if it could be avoided. After all, who really wants to die. Alas, it is a tragedy with so many lives lost. It's nature's way of saying fuck you to the exploitation of nature by humans.