Michael Bay

evilematt

Captain Information
Jan 2, 2006
huddersfield UK
www.evile.co.uk
His films might be mostly pointless and require little brainpower to watch, but the rock was excellent, and bad boys was pretty good, and transformers was pretty good....

He makes films where crazy things happen, sense isn't required, things explode etc..

and he knows it. and doesn't deny it, which is pretty good actually, anyone who can make fun of themselves like this...

is cool with me.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll ban your ma :mad: :lol:

Seriously, the effects are incredible. It looks fantastic. It's just a shame that they couldn't construct a film around them that was any good. The acting? Shite. The plot? Shite. The dialogue? Shite. The film's moral fibre? Shite. The wobbly camera shots meaning you can't really see anything properly? Shite.

In conclusion?

Yes, that's right, it was shite.

much like the cartoon then...

its a pretty enjoyable film if you watch it knowing it has bad acting/script/whatever, because it's a michael bay film, you know what you're getting.

when i want to watch something where people can act and read from a decent script i'll watch heat, or apocalypse now, or when i want to think seriously about watching a film i'll watch 2001 or blade runner.

but sometimes i just feel like letting my eyes enjoy whats on the screen, like rambo dispensing .50 cal justice, or yes, transformers.

i can't defend transformers because it has so many faults, but i enjoy watching it occasionally, its pretty cool seeing something realised on a big screen that i was into when i was 5, sure enough, thats optimus fucking prime stood there looking real. i hope the 2nd film is a massive two fingers to all of us who think bay is only good at blowing things up and making outrageous stereotypes, i hope its well written, paced, characterised and shot. i really do.

and if it's not...... so what, can't change it, i'll just keep watching things that work like kill bill, aliens, star wars, wall-e etc....

I'm all up for a bit of Action (I actually went on play.com and ordered 13 Arnie films all in one go, including the less awesome ones), I just thought Transformers was a massive let-down because it could have been really good. The effects were totally groundbreaking, they could have made a classic film around it but missed a trick. I know it has a shaky premise and all that but they could have done something really great with it...

I'm all up for a bit of Action (I actually went on play.com and ordered 13 Arnie films all in one go, including the less awesome ones), I just thought Transformers was a massive let-down because it could have been really good. The effects were totally groundbreaking, they could have made a classic film around it but missed a trick. I know it has a shaky premise and all that but they could have done something really great with it...

Joe, are you mental? :lol: I used to fucking worship Arnie back in the day, yet I still can't think of any movies apart from the first two Terminators I'd really want to own.

I can... every single one :lol:

Except Jingle All The Way and Junior, I didn't buy them.

Seriously though, Commando is great, so is Predator, so is Running Man. And don't forget Total Recall, it's possibly the best film he was ever in, even better than T2 IMO.

i dont see how saying only the action in transformers is any good, then saying commando is great makes any sense at all....

different kinds of film though i guess, but still haha.

no way is total recall better than T2, well, in a campish over the top violence way its better yeah. but T2 is superior.

theres no point arguing about films is there really haha.

I watched Conan the Barbarian the other day for the first time...

Fucking awful film, turned it off cause I was so fucking bored.