Michael Romeo guests solos on new THUNDERSTONE CD.

Mike plays the solo on "Drawn to the Flame" a song on the upcoming Thunderstone CD called "The Burning".

I have an advanced promo of this CD, and its another great solo by the man!

If any of you liked the first self titled disc, this one kicks even more ass!

I also got my hands on this new album & it's indeed better than the first selftitled album, & OMG Mike Romeo rocks in this too! :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

Just got this cd to further expand my Romeo solos collection. His one solo on this cd completely smokes. Sometimes I think Romeo does crazier solos with other bands than he does with Symphony X. This one and the solo on Analog Kid immediately come to mind. They are usually longer at least...I want the next Symphony X cd to have long, crazy solos ala Damnation Game or like The Turning. Enough of this playing for the song stuff....I want full shred!!!

Looks like I've got another CD to add to my collection soon...

And yea I agree Romeo's work with his projects outside of SymX always seems to be some of his best (look to the Kotipelto albums for example).

Hey Yngvai X, I am surprised you don't have that cd already...I was a little slow getting it. BTW I checked out your song The Final Vision on your website...that song kicks ass...definite Romeo influence. You earned a spot on my IPod. :headbang:

Yngvai X said:
Looks like I've got another CD to add to my collection soon...

And yea I agree Romeo's work with his projects outside of SymX always seems to be some of his best (look to the Kotipelto albums for example).
Another example is on Ayreon - Universal Migrator pt. 2 - Flight of the Migrator....again, that solo is incredible....

Ayreon Guardian X said:
Another example is on Ayreon - Universal Migrator pt. 2 - Flight of the Migrator....again, that solo is incredible....
yeah I agree, and that song is in my opinion one of the best 'SONGS' ever made. Even if it didn't have the fantastic solo. Russell's on fire and the chorus is masterful. Also the quiet part with the strings and Russell singing over it. Genius :worship:

sweepking said:
Hey Yngvai X, I am surprised you don't have that cd already...I was a little slow getting it. BTW I checked out your song The Final Vision on your website...that song kicks ass...definite Romeo influence. You earned a spot on my IPod. :headbang:
Indeed!!! that was fucking awesome, you got a spot in my playlist as well Matt, are we gonna get more samples soon???

Only heard one thunderstone song so far, but I liked it a whole lot (great singer), so definately something to check out!

Is it just me that doesnt think it really sounds like romeo? Probably just the tone i think, sounds like he was using the regular thunderstone guitarists gear....maybe he was I'm not sure. Kickass solo though

Dieblo said:
Indeed!!! that was fucking awesome, you got a spot in my playlist as well Matt, are we gonna get more samples soon???

Considering I've only got another month to go before the real drums, bass, and vocals go down...yes, but only after all that is complete.

Yngvai X said:
Considering I've only got another month to go before the real drums, bass, and vocals go down...yes, but only after all that is complete.

Just curious Matt, are you going to release the cd under your name or have a band name. If so, I think you need a middle initial :headbang:

I think Matt should release it under a band name rather than his own name.....otherwise it sounds like a solo guitar album.

Maybe Mattallica or Molitician or Iron Pony :loco:

I always thought that Pendulum would be a cool name for a band. I was going to use it for a death metal band I never put together. I have never seen it used.

Back