Michael Romeo Sent Me Tape!!!!!

I'll add a "me too" to the good experiences with the entire band, Russell included. He was out talking to people after almost every show I saw, even when he had a cold and wasn't feeling well. He often asks fans for their names when they come up to talk to him.

OK,, now I have to say something about Russell!!
He has been great from what I have seen w/the fans, Like Kyra said, After every show I have seen (4 shows) I have seen him talking to fans and shaking hands signing things,,ect.. So who knows why he couldn't hang out that nite..
All I know is how he has made ME feel. which after my 1st show seeing them and meeting them all. when I would see them again, Russ, when he would see me would get a big smile on his face and say HI, cuz he remembered me. At the last show I got to see them at,(their last show in MASS.) At the end of the show he reached down from the stage and grabbed my hand and said "I am so glad you came"..:OMG: It was one of my Highlights of the night and I'll never 4-get that.
So b-4 judging someone like him, just try to think maybe there was a good reason he couldn't stay.. instead of just judging right off....ok?

scanner313 said:
I agree entirely. I played for years in a local band and we got pretty well known in our town. Between sets, I remember always getting stopped by some half drunk club patron who wanted to talk about bass playing and a lot of other pointless stuff. All I wanted to do was relax at the bar with a beer, then take a whiz, talk to my friends and girlfriend, then get back on stage. But some of these guys would talk to you for 15 or 20 minutes about nothing. Now, I don't think I'm better than anyone else, but sometimes you just aren't interested in the conversation when the people are half drunk and spittering in your face as they talk, etc. And just think what the conversations must be like when the band has a record deal like SyX. Then you have the star factor in there too which probably makes most of the conversations these guys have with the fans just the typical ass kissing stuff. "I love the way you sing", "the way you play the guitar, bass, drums, etc." If you get 5 minutes with one of these guys then I say they did more than their part to be accomodating and friendly. Any more and you got the royal treatment. So don't think it's their responsibility to spend 20 minutes of their time chatting with you, and everyone else in the club. I'm sure everyone's had experiences talking with a total stranger about nothing, and not being very interested to carry on the conversation. Multiply that by 200, 300 and then you'll understand the situation those guys are in. They are just people. They're no different from any of us when you get right down to it. It's the same for all celebrities, and they all get the same bad rap. People think they are stuck up because they don't talk to you for 10 minutes at a time.

Put yourself in their position and see how long you could stand it.

Agreed here. I've been in the same situation with different circumstances. Not as a celebrity, but as a representative for, well, a large well-known community or organization I guess you could say. And most of the time, I really like it when people I meet tell me some stories, if they are just telling me interesting stories. That's great to hear. But I also get a lot of sob-stories, people really trying to get at me psychologically and try to get something out of me. :yuk: That is just complete bullshit. And when you deal with it all the time, you just are not interested and want to get the hell out of there.