Michael Romeo Sent Me Tape!!!!!

viking1065

Mar 30, 2003
Visit site
after i bought the damnation game when it first came out i wrote MR and told him how much i liked what they were doing, everybody else was trying to play grunge at the time and symphony x blew me away. MR was so nice he wrote me back and sent me a tape of divine wings before it came out, how cool is that, that is why i will always buy there cd's and never rip this band off with free downloads, symphony x has a fan for life, MR is the best and symphony x is the best band in the world by far

Not just Romeo. Me and my friends talked to the enitre band for an hour while everyone else watched blind gaurdien. They are all freaken awsome...accept i think that Allen is to much of a "rock star". He only talked to us for like 5 min.

Awesome!!! ... wow that's mega down to earth for a band man. ... but SX truly is the discovery of a lifetime... I don't think I'll ever look back into the *shudder* popular genre ever again.

They ARE really nice guys, at least they were when I met them. They don't take everything so seriously when they're on tour. Russel was pretty cool, too. Rullo scared me, though. He looked real pissed the whole show, and he hit the drums so hard it shook the damn rack, lol. I guess he was just focused, but still, I would not like to be on his bad side.

acejhb said:
They are all freaken awsome...accept i think that Allen is to much of a "rock star". He only talked to us for like 5 min.

I'm assuming that by 'rock star' you mean selfish, full of himself, along those lines? Of course I wasn't there with you, but in my experiences with Russell, he was nothing of the sort. I met him in December of 2002, and then three months later when they came back, he remembered me, picking me out of the crowd surrounding me. I think that a 'rock star' would pay no attention to fans like you described, but Russell is not that.

I don't mean to sound bad, I'm just defending my favorite singer. :)

Yeah Romeo is my favorite one in the band, definitely, though they're ALL cool. I think he's a little more ballsy and adventurous than the others. Of course I don't know them THAT well; but that's what my instincts tell me. It was pretty cool though after the Jaxx show, it was cold outside and the band let me wait in their tour bus for my ride. Romeo came up front and sat next to me and we chatted for a bit. Very cool and very real guy.:cool:

acejhb said:
Not just Romeo. Me and my friends talked to the enitre band for an hour while everyone else watched blind gaurdien. They are all freaken awsome...accept i think that Allen is to much of a "rock star". He only talked to us for like 5 min.

Where was the concert? Of course everyone else watched BG, they are so much better

yeah the whole band was awsome to me, I brought my guiatr to the North Hollywood show and got to meet the entire band while onward was playing. They were all up stairs at the key club and for some reason the guy gaurding the up stairs let my friend and I go up there and they were all there except Romeo who was out getting a hot dog. I got to talk to them for a good 40 minitues and they promised to sign my guitar. SO after the show was over I got the enitre band to sign my Ibanez. Best night of my life.

acejhb said:
..accept i think that Allen is to much of a "rock star". He only talked to us for like 5 min.

Don't talk shit about Sir Russell Allen! I can't stand hearing bad things about him, it shatters my illusion!!! :cry:
No, seriously, just because he was only there for five minutes doesn't mean he's a pompous jerk. Maybe he had to go the toilet or something. And he's human also, he can't walk around smiling all day.

Prismatic Sphere said:
Yeah Romeo is my favorite one in the band, definitely, though they're ALL cool. I think he's a little more ballsy and adventurous than the others. Of course I don't know them THAT well; but that's what my instincts tell me. It was pretty cool though after the Jaxx show, it was cold outside and the band let me wait in their tour bus for my ride. Romeo came up front and sat next to me and we chatted for a bit. Very cool and very real guy.:cool:
whoho man you're so lucky!

joshp said:
Where was the concert? Of course everyone else watched BG, they are so much better

Are you saying that Blind Guardian are so much better than SymphonyX? Well, you're entitled to your opinion, but I would have to disagree entirely. I'm no expert on Blind Guardians music, but from the 5 or 6 songs I've heard (from various albums) I think the case is open and close. SyX writes much more interesting music and much more mature lyrics. They are by far more talented musicians (which doesn't always mean a better band, but in this case I believe it holds true). They produce albums of much higher production quality. They are much more diverse in their writing, with many different styles that keep them interesting. There's probably more but I don't think there is any need to go on.

I'm not one for pitting one band against another, but if you're going to make a statement like that on this board then I'm going to have to reply to what I see.

And if I misunderstood your statement, and you weren't implying that BG is better, then I'm sorry. And I just replied for no reason. :)

Macy said:
Don't talk shit about Sir Russell Allen! I can't stand hearing bad things about him, it shatters my illusion!!! :cry:
No, seriously, just because he was only there for five minutes doesn't mean he's a pompous jerk. Maybe he had to go the toilet or something. And he's human also, he can't walk around smiling all day.

I agree entirely. I played for years in a local band and we got pretty well known in our town. Between sets, I remember always getting stopped by some half drunk club patron who wanted to talk about bass playing and a lot of other pointless stuff. All I wanted to do was relax at the bar with a beer, then take a whiz, talk to my friends and girlfriend, then get back on stage. But some of these guys would talk to you for 15 or 20 minutes about nothing. Now, I don't think I'm better than anyone else, but sometimes you just aren't interested in the conversation when the people are half drunk and spittering in your face as they talk, etc. And just think what the conversations must be like when the band has a record deal like SyX. Then you have the star factor in there too which probably makes most of the conversations these guys have with the fans just the typical ass kissing stuff. "I love the way you sing", "the way you play the guitar, bass, drums, etc." If you get 5 minutes with one of these guys then I say they did more than their part to be accomodating and friendly. Any more and you got the royal treatment. So don't think it's their responsibility to spend 20 minutes of their time chatting with you, and everyone else in the club. I'm sure everyone's had experiences talking with a total stranger about nothing, and not being very interested to carry on the conversation. Multiply that by 200, 300 and then you'll understand the situation those guys are in. They are just people. They're no different from any of us when you get right down to it. It's the same for all celebrities, and they all get the same bad rap. People think they are stuck up because they don't talk to you for 10 minutes at a time.

Put yourself in their position and see how long you could stand it.