Microspirit - Paul Walsh (Canadian Alt Metal)

right_to_rage

Feb 16, 2009
Hey all,
I've been doing quite a bit of recording and thus my style has been changing up quite a bit lately. So in a hurry of inspiration this song called "Microspirit" popped up. This is the first demo of it, so I'll be updating it in the near future along with new tracks.

All the guitar and bass sounds are through my Axe Fx Standard.
I record with Logic 9, and I used a Bombardier compressor by Stillwell and use Addictive Drums to make my own presets and beats.
Carvin guitar, Ibanez Bass... old strings.

Microspirit by paulwalsh on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free

Last edited by a moderator:
I will say I'm still using presets that dont allow for many levels of dynamics so I could try to change those.
I really like my guitar tone and I might keep it but maybe that high end needs to settle down. I don't know what do you think?

I was trying to add more power amp depth into my patch, but your right it does make it a little unclear. I do like the punch it gives, but remember that I'm gonna record this again.

have to disagree.. i think the guitar seems to work fine in the mix... maybe reduce a little bit the low end.. bat thats it.. but smomething is missing in the center (vocals?) if you go for instrumental,,i guess you have to put another guitar part in the center

I was totally arranging this song for vocals to be added on top, I'm going to start writing more songs with space for good vocals. Lets try to find a good way to reduce low end without sacrificing too much thump on the guitars... back to tweaking.

edit; update soon.