mid-tempo thrash?

klundert

New Metal Member
Jan 31, 2014
Hi there, ik like thrash songs such as Practice what you preach by Testament and Creeping death by Metallica etc. Do you guys know which bands play (most of) their songs in that tempo? The fast drums you hear a lot are nice too, but i prefer the mid-tempo bits in all the songs, so i'm trying to find bands that play that stuff. Please help me find some great bands!

Even though "In my Darkest Hour" is one of my all time favourites, i'm not a Megadeth fan. I will check out Voivod! Thanks a lot!

Used to jam this song in high school, not super well versed in thrash or them but maybe you'll like it

Last edited by a moderator:
Mushroomhead sounds cool, but it's not what i was looking for. Warclown comes a lot closer, but still not there yet. I discovered Wolfpack Unleashed, and that's a lot like what i meant. Thanks though :)

EDIT: Admittedly it isn't most of their songs, though. I was originally going to post Cerebral Fix until I realized you're probably looking for something a bit more polished and modern, but just in case, they were one of the slower thrash bands around.

Megadeth is definitely the first band that comes to mind.

Slayer - South of Heaven?

Pantera - Cemetary Gates?

Looking through my collection, I definitely drift towards the faster/ more technical side of things. I'll think on it some more.

Anthrax's new(ish) album:

Megadeth is alright, i just can't stand Dave's singing.

South if Heaven is a classic too. I like it. The Seasons in th Abyss album is great too.

Phantom Antichrist is a great album! Grew up listening to Coma of Souls. Like this one better :)

The majority of Pleasure to Kill was some of the fastest thrash of its time, though.