Thrash metal recommendations

Dew-Scented, The Haunted, Calennish Circle, Defleshed (or Defleashed, cant remember their name correctly), Kreator, Sodom, Destruction, At The Gates

Some good thrash metal bands.

humm..
Arch Enemy (new album its amazing)
Soilwork

Yakuza (i think its a big pile of shit, but some people actually like it)

At the gates
Sepultura and Soulfly (i think you've already heard about this two bands)

Joe Stump
Vinnie Moore
Nevermore

_Zsuzsa_ said:
I don't think that AE and Soilwork are thrash metal. They are rather melodic death imho, but still very good of course.

Yeah.. you're right... i don't think its thrash 100%...but its heavy enough..

At first people told me that Arch enemy and Soilwork were thrash, but after i heard them i knew it was Melodic Death Metal... but the music sounds a lot like thrash metal... maybe not the vocals...

if want thrash you all you need is some kreator!!
any of this albums : coma of souls, extreme agression,pleasure to kill,terrible certainty, cause for conflict, violent revolution .all fucking great!

Proper thrash:
  • Testament
  • Exodus
  • Forbidden
  • Possessed
  • Dark Angel
  • Death Angel
  • Anthrax
  • Sodom
  • Kreator
  • Destruction
  • Overkill
  • Nuclear Assault
  • Vio-lence
  • Sepultura (old)
  • Voivod
Thrash hybrids:
  • Celtic Frost
  • Venom
  • Bathory
  • Mercyful Fate
  • Iced Earth
  • Helloween
  • The Haunted
  • At The Gates
  • Soilwork
  • Arch Enemy
Ah, there's plenty more, but these are the main ones I can think of. Oh, and fuck Megadeth. :D

You may dig Rage, they are more speed metal/mid paced rather then straight out thrash, but they have the same thrashy heavy riffing that old Metallica, Testament etc have. I recommend the albums Black In Mind, Unity, and Perfect Man, in that order for your tastes. Also old Tourniquet, particularly Pathologic Occular Dissonance.