MIDI Drum Program

rockmanxpr

High Speed Samurai
Jan 12, 2003
Sunnyvale, CA
Visit site
Hi all,

Does anyone know of some good FREE midi program that you can use to make midi and drum tracks? I am currently using Muzical Wizard for drums and what not, but it only works for win98 and I would have to upgrade soon...

Id say you're better off shelling out the money for a good sequencer. Since you use windows, Id suggest cakewalk, thats what I used to use before I switched to mac. Theres really not many free sequencers out there that are really good, and usually the shareware ones don't give you enough to really work with.

Originally posted by IntoThePiT
I thought windows and mac were goign to be compatible =-P

Nope :D

The "industry standard" midi sequencer for mac is Digital Performer, which I don't have yet since I swichted over to OSX and the DP for OSX has only just been introduced at NAMM.

dude, if you can get your hands on Frooty Loops 3, GET IT!!!!

You can basically use whatever samples you wish, however you wish.

there are some great reverb options and all of that.... IMO the best fucking program for drums as of yet!!

I have some doubts about that Fruity loops, I'd like to use more times in a pattern... but I don't find how to add more, well times is not the correct word, you know those grey little boxes where you can activate or deactive... well I need more of those for a pattern, any ideas anyone? thanx :)

to start with, fruity loops isn't a midi secuencing program, its something like a sampler. anyway, to add beats in a pattern you have to go to options>song settings, there you can change it. another option (for non percussion instruments) is to use the piano roll instead of the mini-piano roll in which you activate or deactivate a beat. there you will be able to select the length of the note, but be careful to not to pass the length of the pattern, because it will loose coordination when it loops.
to the original quetsion, I use the shareware version of Winjammer, which is quite decent, but is not a very good one.