MIDI Drums

VikingAxe

Jul 21, 2009
Hey All

I just got a file of a MIDI drum track that my friend overseas composed. I managed to dump it into Protools, but that was just the first step...

What happened was it opened 15 MIDI Tracks, Im guessing each one has a different section on it. I want to merge these so I can have them all as one track, and so I can open a seperate instrument track and use them with EZ Drummer...I have no idea what I should do here. Id appreciate your help.

Oh yea, whats the best way to learn how to program drums? Any good video/tutorials?

Thanks

If it's from Guitar Pro they could be tracks of all the other instruments as well, so your Drum MIDI may just be on one track. You'll probably have to go in and delete a bunch of extra MIDI CC data that GP adds in there also.

Thanks for the reply...
I have one question...
"Route all the drum midi track outputs to that instance of ezdrummer"-how do I do this?
This is the first time ive ever done this...just catching on to the lingo as we speak.

each track has an input and output... the output would be something like Analog 1-2 or if you're using an mbox, I think its Out1-2 or something... on the midi tracks its going to be something different... im not in front of my rig at the moment... at least thats what the audio tracks have... the midi tracks, i think, are different... but its in the same exact place on the track

if you click the output you should get a selection of instruments to send to... send to your desired instrument.