Mids are becoming my enemy.

AllanD

boom tap boom-boom tap
Jul 2, 2008
Houston
I Recently started recording metal, and I made my first demonstration last night. For some reason, it seems like I underestimate the mids and that I overestimate the highs.

https://dl.getdropbox.com/u/1742937/corecorecore.mp3

This is with a 7170 and SoloC, both have the mids under 3, and it still sounds super honky compared to other recordings, why is it turning out this way? Is there another step of guitar processing I'm missing on?

Well, the 5150 is a middy amp, and im guessing you are using a V30 impulse? That means even more mids.

Anyways, that mix is just... well, im not saying this to be mean, but its just terrible and i really dont know where to begin.
It just seems like you have pushed everything except the kick and guitar back as far as possible in the mix.. which of course also means that your guitartone wont sound as nice as the bass dont fill it out etc.

Well, the 5150 is a middy amp, and im guessing you are using a V30 impulse? That means even more mids.

Anyways, that mix is just... well, im not saying this to be mean, but its just terrible and i really dont know where to begin.
It just seems like you have pushed everything except the kick and guitar back as far as possible in the mix.. which of course also means that your guitartone wont sound as nice as the bass dont fill it out etc.

It's fine, I don't usually play with metal, and nothing was eq'ed :loco:

It was just me seeing what I can do about the guitar tone. It's also a pitch dropped guitar for the bass, so just everything's a mess at the moment.