Mikael Excellent New Interview

you're right about the mic for the interviewer. because we filmed it at a festival, we had to use their people. but the cameraman forgot to record my mic ... normally we always have proper sound for the interviewer too, like our 2005 opeth video interview. but i hope you can figure out the questions and answers anyway

FaceCulture said:
you're right about the mic for the interviewer. because we filmed it at a festival, we had to use their people. but the cameraman forgot to record my mic ... normally we always have proper sound for the interviewer too, like our 2005 opeth video interview. but i hope you can figure out the questions and answers anyway

no worries man......it was a aweosme interview...really enjoyed it...!!!....u guys always do really cool interview...I also enjoyed the alst one u did with opeth...adn then u also did one with Nightwish...relaly cool stuff...!!!...kep at it..can u do one with Katatonia or anathema...that be aweosme.......again....good job guys...!!!>....PEAC EOUT

This is pitifully distributed on the website. Either have the entire interview ready for viewing via direct download or post a transcript. How counterproductive and illogical.

soundave said:
How many people here are going to be getting 'The Drift' now?

everyone...bunch of fan boy tarts.

also, everyones going to go buy up whitesnake albums now and act like they think theyre the greatest rock band ever. (although they are great) :oops:

and its also going to be very acceptable for everyone to enjoy muse now.

NineFeetUnderground said:
everyone...bunch of fan boy tarts.

also, everyones going to go buy up whitesnake albums now and act like they think theyre the greatest rock band ever. (although they are great) :oops:

and its also going to be very acceptable for everyone to enjoy muse now.

Loved "Slide It In" as a kid, but I only ever had the Geffen version, with John Sykes. I also had "Trouble", and enjoyed their version of "Day Tripper". Of course, "Still of the Night" was my favorite song for a long, long time. I remember watching the video before going on my first date!

Recently I heard Saints & Sinners and was blown away that Cryin' In the Rain and Here I Go Again were redone for the mega-huge eponymous album. I really prefer the originals now.

Read an interview with Robert Plant a long time ago, and he called him David Covertune. Oh yeah, and he talked about how he sampled the Beastie Boys samples of Zep for Tall Cool One (yeah, that's how long ago this was). Then, of course, DC teamed up with Jimmy Page, and it was pretty cool. I always liked that you could basically "hear the saliva" in his mouth, something I always thought was true of Tori Amos. I'm glad they don't edit or mute it out.

I find the drift hard to listen to. I got it a few weeks ago. Ive given it about 3 spins the whole way through, but i find it extremely difficult to sit there and absorb it. Still, very haunting..and it does the job very well in those terms. But i prefer the earlier slightly more joyous days from the cds that my dad has.
Which could be an adavntage to the next opeth record. Iv always found with opeth that 'the mood' throughout the albums has always been the lesser part of the songs. In exchange of writing cool riffs/driving melodys etc.(im not saying opeth have no mood at all, but they do have their cool riffs most of the time and thats good. But im excited to hear something different from them) I hope they find a definate balance between the two this time, as it can only be good.