Mikael in Stuff Magazine this month

baphomet

aeternus eternus
Dec 24, 2001
www.visage.com
Sorry I don't have a scanner, just got this in the mail and low and behold what I read in their music section. No mention of their new album but it does feature a small picture of Mikael.

Stuff Magazine December 05 2005, page: 62

A posers guide to Scandinavian Death metal: Opeth lead singer and guitarist Mikael Akerfeldt reviews the art of black metal

What it is:
Started in the early '80s in Sweden and Finland and later migrating into Norway, Scandinavian death metal is so violent that Norwegian monsters Mayhem reportedly once made a necklace of their dead lead singer's skull fragments after he shot himself. One bandmate is rumored to have eaten pieces of his brain. Be afraid.

Relevant bands:
Bathory
"They where responsible for the whole Norwegian death metal scene."
Dismember
"They where on of the most pure death-metal bands of the era. They still are."
Smesisgo
"They only put out two demos but where highly influential in Stockholm.

Essential Albums:
A blaze in the northern sky, Darkthrone
"Their second album is almost as responsible as Bathory for the death-metal thing sweeping Norway."
Left Hand Path, Entombed
"For the time, it was the album to get. I bought it on the day it was released, and I think it still sounds as fresh."
The red in the sky is ours, At the Gates
"Although I was disappointed with the production, At the Gates' first full-length record was highly anticipated."

Well it seems that Stuff is the one confusing things, because the article is titled the guide to scandinavian Death Metal. They probably just asked Mike for a summary of Scandinavian death metal, and then they gave the subtitle regarding black metal.

Props to Stuff for featuring Mikael though. They should have gotten a pictorial of all the Stuff girls posing with his mustache.

They're saying poser's guide in order to say "hey, if you wanna act like you know something about death metal, read these 6 sentences." Clearly, they don't even know what they're talking about though. I'll be mike was really giddy about doing an article for stuff magazine :-/